Bounts - free money?!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

simon.r

Person
There's an app called Bounts which gives points for undertaking exercise and allows you to purchase various items, such as gift cards, with those points. It will link to Strava amongst other apps.

1389 points (they call them 'Bounts') translates to £5.

15 minutes cycling gets 5 Bounts, so about 1.8p. You only get 5 Bounts for any one period of cycling, so a 2 hour ride is worth the same as a 15 minute ride.

If my maths is right, a commuter doing 2 x 15 minutes journeys a day would get enough Bounts to purchase a £5 gift card in 139 days:okay:^_^

As a died in the wool penny pincher (look after the pennies and the pounds will look after themselves as they say) this appeals to me greatly!!

sight-pin

Veteran
Theirs 'Bount' to be a catch;):biggrin:

Noru

I've been a member a month & a half ish maybe 2 and have 3485 points.
Currently waiting for the Bounts shop to finish updating so I can get a voucher with them.

I paid £15 for a years membership which means I get 20 points per 20 mins exercise (up to 3 per day) and every 7,000 steps (up to 21,000 steps a day). So easily racking up 60 points a day weekdays plus what I accrue on a weekend.

They get money back through ads and providing anonymised data to UK Sport and other such organisations. Strava & Garmin already use my data in turn for using their services for free, so one more won't hurt in my opinion.

Last edited:

stephec

Legendary Member
They should offer Bountys chocolate.
I know that Miss Goodbody prefers Mars Bars.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
They probably get your personal data too. That's what most of these start-ups or social media companies offering something for free, want.

Top Bottom