British Cycling 10% off Online Halfords

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

grellboy

Über Member
Anybody got experience of trying to get a further 10% off using your BC discount card at Halfords, having already saved 10% through their current sale? Bike I am looking at is £650, with the online discount it is £590, but am wondering if I turn up with my card will they honour the further 10% off (bringing it down to £531) or will they give me some "sorry, can't be used in conjunction with online offers" nonsense? Anyone tried it recently?

phil_hg_uk

I am not a member, I am a free man !!!!!!
Yes I have got the BC Discount on special offer and sale prices before and they should honor it, but after reading others stories on here it can be a bit branch dependent give it a go.

vickster

Legendary Member
I've not had an issue, but that I've bought a bike. BUT the BC site does say not to be used with any other discount or offer, so you can only ask but don't expect

phil_hg_uk

I've not had an issue, but that I've bought a bike. BUT the BC site does say not to be used with any other discount or offer, so you can only ask but don't expect

The actual wording on the BC website is:
  • May not be used in conjunction with any other voucher.
  • Discount can be used in conjunction with other instore promotion unless clearly stated otherwise.
but I am sure any manager could twist it to mean anything they wanted :laugh:

Sonic2a

I just got refused BC discount on a socket set, because I bought online but paid in store, still was already 50% off and got a 10% code off Internet....but you gotta try haven't you!!!

phil_hg_uk

I just got refused BC discount on a socket set, because I bought online but paid in store, still was already 50% off and got a 10% code off Internet....but you gotta try haven't you!!!

You see this is what I am talking about if you paid in store then is is click and collect not an online purchase, the full Halfords T&C's on the BC website say :
  • Discount is supplied to British Cycling members with a valid British Cycling Membership card.
  • 10% off is valid on any purchase, excludes gift vouchers and Halfords Autocentres.
  • Discount can be used in conjunction with other instore promotion unless clearly stated otherwise.
  • Discount can only be used once per transaction.
  • Discount is not redeemable for cash.
  • Exclusive to British Cycling Members.
  • Discount is not redeemable online.
The last one says not redeemable online, but you didn't try to redeem it online you paid in store so they should have given it to you.

All the purchases I have made at halfords using my BC discount have been click & collect and I have always got the discount no problem.

Edit: The only other reason I can think of is that it was a "website only deal" as they also say the following - Excludes all website only prices and deals.

Sonic2a

You see this is what I am talking about if you paid in store then is is click and collect not an online purchase, the full Halfords T&C's on the BC website say :
  • Discount is supplied to British Cycling members with a valid British Cycling Membership card.
  • 10% off is valid on any purchase, excludes gift vouchers and Halfords Autocentres.
The last one says not redeemable online, but you didn't try to redeem it online you paid in store so they should have given it to you.

All the purchases I have made at halfords using my BC discount have been click & collect and I have always got the discount no problem.

Edit: The only other reason I can think of is that it was a "website only deal" as they also say the following - Excludes all website only prices and deals.

Maybe as I'd already used an online code for extra 10% then? Checkout girl said it was because it was ordered online, still better than half price for kit with lifetime guarantee

Tin Pot

Guru

Is there no limitation? 10% off a £2000 bike is quite good.

Top Bottom