England : West Midlands Brix'n Bouquet or Water

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
Saturday 12th July from Pretty Pigs PH, Tamworth.

Just about to book it. Doing it with a young lad to get him fit and strong ready for Birmingham to London.

Organised by Geoff Cleaver. Anyone else considering it?

Black Country Ste

I'll probably do the Double Bouquet. Don't think I have 100mi in me just yet.

OP
OP
BrumJim

BrumJim

Did you do it, Steve?
Fantastic day - sunny and warm-to-hot. Met up with my Sister and niece at the third stop.
A pretty easy 160km. Not much hill climbing, except for a ripple or two just before the second stop. Although I'm biased, being from that part of the country, Leicestershire villages are very pretty, and the countryside around it is just typical rolling shires with the odd country manor thrown in for added aesthetic joy. Start and end are very flat, so a nice warm up and an easy-ish end if you have very tired legs.

Black Country Ste

Aye, I did the 110km. Quite flat, did it much quicker than expected. The heat got me in the end and the last 10-12 miles were horrible. Otherwise I enjoyed that very much.

I did the Beacon Cotswold 160km last month so can do the distance but an evening commitment meant I had to do the shorter route. No less fun though and nice to have the brevet validated on the spot.

OP
OP
BrumJim

BrumJim

Was a bit hot wasn't it? Was riding with someone else, so was keeping down to his pace, which moderated my heat gain and water loss.
Always interesting to see how your body reacts. I remember getting into a bad state due to water deficiency on a hot Audax. A pint of milk later my legs were back working again.

Top Bottom