BTwin Triban 3 stolen from Hammersmith/Fulham

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ed Barton

Hi all, new here but posting this everywhere in the hope that someone sees it.

Bike was stolen last night from my hallway due to my housemate leaving the door open. Uninsured because of this.

It's a 2012 Triban 3 (the red one with the carbon forks). Serial number [removed at poster's request] on a 54 frame.

Has a few defining characteristics, it's a fairly specific spec - haven't seen any like it in the few thousand miles I've done. Fortunately managed to keep it long enough to complete a charity cycle a couple of weeks ago!

Specific spec
Model B Planet X Wheelset (no decals) with Gatorskin tyres.
Tiagra silver crankset (non standard) with 11-28 cassette at the back
105 pedals
two bottle holders, one plastic, one alloy
charge saddle
was stolen with front and rear lights - a moon led one at the front and I think a cateye one at the back
also stolen with cycle computer
also had a saddle bag under the seat

it's fairly heavily upgraded, probably total replacement value of about £750

this is what they look like - http://www.decathlon.co.uk/media/827/8274036/zoom_400PX_mediacom_598963137.jpg

Thanks all!

Last edited by a moderator:

Spinney

Bimbleur extraordinaire
Sounds like your housemate should be giving you the money for a new one!

Biker Joe

Über Member
Hi and :welcome:
Sorry to hear about your bike.
Having had one recently stolen I can sympathise with you. Quite upsetting.
I do hope you get it back but I'm afraid that might be wishful thinking.
I will keep my eyes open for it.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Sounds like your housemate should be giving you the money for a new one!
Have you got a case for the small claims court? might be worth talking to the CAB or the ctc/bc soicitors just to find out, housemates they might be but i am damn sure they would if you left the door unlocked and their pad got robbed.

Saluki

World class procrastinator
So sorry to hear about this. I'd be giving the housemate a bill, I really would.

Keep an eye on Gumtree and Ebay, but I am sure that you know this already. Pester the police, I got a bike back by pestering once, it had been handed in and they hadn't checked the frame number with their 'reported stolen' list.

Moda

Why?

classic33

Leg End Member
If recovered whats to stop anyone going and collecting it. More important is the fact that some people will do a seach of the frame number before advertising the bike for sale. Possibly removing the number before selling.
Simply put, too much information given out on what is a public forum.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
There might be a moral obligation for reimbursement but I doubt that there is a legal obligation.

Was the bike locked? Even though I keep my most treasured bike indoors, it would prove to be impossible to ride away with the front and rear wheels immobilised by having them locked to the frame and the keys to the locks stored well way from the bike.

OP
OP
E

Ed Barton

Nobody is admitting to leaving it open (obviously) so not much I can do. Bike wasn't locked but haven't ever thought to do it in the house - it's a small house I share with 4 others, there's rarely anybody else there.

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
Im struggling to understand this as your bike was stolen from inside your property . As no one admits to leaving the door open how do you know it was left open ? Maybe the thief left the door open ? They have bad manners like that .
I assume you have called the police and reported the theft ? You have a crime number right ?
I would be getting back onto the insurance company and be asking them to relook at my claim for the theft of my bike !

Top Bottom