B'twin Triban 3

• Thread starter Deleted member 20519
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
Some better pictures for you guys. It's just back from the LBS and it's been given a good clean.

BCWfY.jpg

DQUx9h.jpg

j7ioFh.jpg

ShxMjh.jpg

AEdevh.jpg

pdjO9h.jpg

CxviIh.jpg

dN3foh.jpg
three hundred quid! Extraordinary!

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
They are useless ^^ gf got some too. The rear is just about ok as a second be seen light but will likely die in a rain storm, the front is bin bait.

Globalti

Legendary Member
That looks too small for you.

The lights are rubbish and should go straight in the bin. The wheel bearings are rubbish and need dis-assembling and re-greasing or even replacing with better quality balls. A replacement front wheel is £24.99, which would explain the cheap bearings!

But the frame, forks and major parts are excellent value.

stephen.rooke

light was a quick buy for the manchester 100 because the last decent set i had was on my old bike that got nicked, frame is right size, any bigger and my arms would be locked out. not had any problems with the wheels, bike is faster than a boardman costing more than twice as much

fudgepanda

This may have already been seen, but October's issue of Cycling Active has an article where the contributor who's bought his own Triban 3 has made a series of upgrades, one of which includes new wheels as the bearings on one started giving out. But, upgrades not withstanding he seems suitably impressed by it.

stephen.rooke

This may have already been seen, but October's issue of Cycling Active has an article where the contributor who's bought his own Triban 3 has made a series of upgrades, one of which includes new wheels as the bearings on one started giving out. But, upgrades not withstanding he seems suitably impressed by it.

ill take a look

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 20519

Got a link to the article?

fudgepanda

Had a quick look on Google but August appears to be the most recent issue there's anything on line about although I don't know if they have a forum of their own. Otherwise the only thing I can suggest as it's the current edition you could nip into W. H. Smith and try not to look to furtive while you read the article. Alternatively you might have to buy a copy. Essentially the writer came up with 3 different upgrade packages varying in cost starting with wheels, tyres, seat, pedals and brake blocks which he thought made the most startling difference, especially the wheels and tyres. This cost him £327. The second upgrade package consisted of yet better wheels and tyres, new calipers (and brake blocks) different saddle and pedals this time costing £567. The third package was purely personal alterations such as (another) different seat, iPhone cover,mudguards, saddle bag, stem, frame protector, bottle cage and bar tape. I think he tried to change items that could have been done individually rather than large scale changes such as gears, the thinking being that if you wanted a 27 speed bike you'd have spent the extra on one in the first place rather than changing the cassette and whatever else was needed.

Anyway, tomorrow's Saturday so while the other half's in Tescos doing the shopping you can hang around the magazines and have a quick read

paulw77

Über Member
Bought the mag and read the article.

One of the upgrades is a new stem. The writer says that the one that comes with the bike is "too short". However, the new one that they recommened is 120mm, which is even shorter than the one fitted to my Triban 3 !

A decent article though, although I wonder if new wheels can make as much difference as they claim ??

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
Bought the mag and read the article.

One of the upgrades is a new stem. The writer says that the one that comes with the bike is "too short". However, the new one that they recommened is 120mm, which is even shorter than the one fitted to my Triban 3 !

A decent article though, although I wonder if new wheels can make as much difference as they claim ??

The length of stem is highly individual.

Top Bottom