B'twin Triban 3

• Thread starter Deleted member 20519
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Yes, a set of quality wheels makes a big difference to your climbing. I went from Mavic Aksiums to Ksyriums and noticed that my regular hills suddenly seemed smaller.

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
Unless racing hill climbs through the autumn, suffer the hills on your shoot wheels all the winter (why batter new nice wheels in terrible weather :tongue:), then come next year try new nicer wheels and you will really feel the benefit, both of new wheels and of the training you did.

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
The stem length supplied with each Triban 3 will vary according to the size purchased. Therefore the size bike you bought may have a longer stem than the one referred to in the article. So for you 120mm is shorter than the one fitted, but for the size frame referred to in the article it may have been longer!

The one on my gf's Triban 3 is 80 or 90mm.

fudgepanda

Bought the mag and read the article.

One of the upgrades is a new stem. The writer says that the one that comes with the bike is "too short". However, the new one that they recommened is 120mm, which is even shorter than the one fitted to my Triban 3 !

A decent article though, although I wonder if new wheels can make as much difference as they claim ??
Having only ridden a couple of mountain bikes since 1974 I was stunned how much more quickly my new Bianchi hybrid accelerated in comparison. Having spoken to a couple of colleagues who are involved in Triathlons wheels, tyres and even slight alterations to a bike can make a major difference to how a bike performs. As what can only be descrbed as a novice I can only imagine how different bikes behave. This is a delight (?) yet awaiting me.

fudgepanda

After comments on here about how popular these bikes are I saw one near the Transporter Bridge in Middlesbrough. He seemed to be turning round to have another ride between the Boro and Hartlepool.

Doug.

Veteran
Even more pictures for you guys, too many to upload here so I've stuck them in an album!

http://imgur.com/a/15Bcl
Hello.
Enjoyed looking at your bikes photo's,thank you for showing them.
Hope you enjoy riding the cycle,if it rides as well as it looks I am sure you will be delighted.
Yours
Doug.

Fubar

Guru
60624_10151224989212970_964775293_n.jpg

Here's mine with new red-wall tyres - photo doesn't do it justice! Looks much cooler without me sitting on top of it mind...:laugh:

Top Bottom