Building leg muscles how long will it take?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Soup890

Crazy
I have been cycling just over a year 5 days a week. I have noticed my legs are really toned but I want them to standout when I put shorts on.

How long will it take for me to have powerful big leg muscles?

And any training advice for bigger muscles?

I'm a skinny guy 6"2ft

uclown2002

Guru
Easy one this.

Get yourself to the gym and hit the weights.

Brandane

Legendary Member
I have been cycling just over a year 5 days a week. I have noticed my legs are really toned but I want them to standout when I put shorts on.

How long will it take for me to have powerful big leg muscles?

And any training advice for bigger muscles?

I'm a skinny guy 6"2ft

Don't hold your breath and don't worry about it, maybe you are just built that way! I've been cycling for about 47 of my 51 years, on and off. My legs still look like pipe cleaners hanging out of a pair of shorts; but who cares, they can still get me up most hills I come across - even if it is quite slowly :smile:.

Last edited:

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
Hit the hills :thumbsup: Box hill and back should be a nice little trip from your location . You could also take in white down and Leith hills on the same loop .

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
You won't build big muscles riding a bike. It is the wrong type of exercise. Unless you are a track sprinter.
Cycling will tone existing muscle and improve your aerobic fitness. I am 6'3" and skinny as a rake. I can cycle reasonably quickly for a guy the wrong side of 40. I need to lose about half a stone to be quick in the hills though.

ScotiaLass

Guru
I wish I had skinny legs - mine currently look like a Russian shot putters, with half the strength!!

vickster

Legendary Member
It takes longer to build the muscles cycling lots than to lose them not cycling much it seems!

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
Have you heard of Google?

(Box Hill is near Dorking Surrey, the Olympic road race went up and down it 9 times, it's really quite well known for cycling)
Ive been up it more times ^_^ Not at the same speeds I must add but I guess you know that :laugh:

Top Bottom