Bus driver barges cyclist out of the way

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Andy_R

Hard of hearing..I said Herd of Herring..oh FFS..
[QUOTE 4512852, member: 45"]What if I turn the engine off and coast?[/QUOTE]
It's still a motorised vehicle

hatler

Guru
It is an offence for a motor vehicle to overtake another motor vehicle which is moving, or any vehicle (motorised or otherwise) which is stopped, within the zigzags. 'Overtake' is defined by wheel position.
Hmmm. So in a world of self-drive cars, it would be possible to stuff up the traffic flow by parking on the zig-zags, and assuming (which doesn't seem unreasonable here) the self-drive cars have been programmed not to break the law, they would then not overtake the parked car.

D

Deleted member 26715

Hmmm. So in a world of self-drive cars, it would be possible to stuff up the traffic flow by parking on the zig-zags, and assuming (which doesn't seem unreasonable here) the self-drive cars have been programmed not to break the law, they would then not overtake the parked car.
Never mind a world of self drive cars, if this is correct then any motorist is committing an offense as I did yesterday by overtaking a car that was parked within the zig-zag area, the car was parked half on half off the pavement within the zone. My thoughts were 'what a silly place to park' or words to that effect, legally what I should have done, was stop behind the car, which would have probably brought the whole town to a standstill.

My experience:

I was on a trike and stopped (in primary) at a crossing as I could see the someone about to cross

Muppet overtook me.

If I am a "vehicle" then he is committing an offence, if not then it was an acceptable manoeuvre

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
[QUOTE 4513364, member: 9609"]Has the following been superseded ?
http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2002/3113/regulation/28/made[/QUOTE]
I thought http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2016/362/schedule/14/part/5/paragraph/6/made superseded it.

D

Deleted member 26715

None of this has any relevance to a 'parked' vehicle if I understand the gibberish correctly.

D

Deleted member 26715

[QUOTE 4515139, member: 9609"]you are not allowed to overtake a staionary vehicle if it has stopped in compliance with the signals of the crossing, so presumably you are allowed to pass an illegally parked vehicle providing the lights are on green.[/QUOTE]
But do you presume correctly? What if the light is on red, are you allowed to proceed up to the white line or do you have to remain behind the parked vehicle until the light changes to green? What if the vehicle is parked facing the oncoming traffic, which part of the vehicle is then classed as the front?

Top Bottom