Buying a track bike building vs buying ready made

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Portableaj

I am planning to get a track bike as I am getting into the sport and I would love to start racing. However I need a track bike. I have plans to getting the Dolan track champion however I am not sure if I want to buy the complete the bike or buy the frameset. If it is cheaper I would go for building but what do you guys think?

Noodley

It'll probably be cheaper buying the bike rather than building yourself unless you spend forever on the internet searching for bargains and cobble something together.

oldroadman

Veteran
It'll probably be cheaper buying the bike rather than building yourself unless you spend forever on the internet searching for bargains and cobble something together.
+1, and it should be correctly put together, Dolan supplies hire bikes to Manchester Velodrome which look OK even after a few seasons of hammering.

Depends on your budget or desired spec. If you are handy with the spanners, then there is something very satisfying about building your own bikes - and shopping around is half the fun. However, the prices that Dolan and others are offering for complete bikes are very compelling.

Last edited:
Top Bottom