buying stuff on ebay

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Loads of fake stuff on the bay some surprisingly ok, just don't pay over the odds for what are fakes

sanddancer

Ive only bought some tenn overshoes and a fluorescent waterproof packable jacket off ebay from a seller called cycle-clothes.

cheaper than lidl/aldi even with the p+p and better quality imo .

I've seen the cheap chinese gear but am wary of the sizes tbh.

I might email them and ask if they do fat western bastardo sizes :biggrin:

busman

Ive only bought some tenn overshoes and a fluorescent waterproof packable jacket off ebay from a seller called cycle-clothes.

cheaper than lidl/aldi even with the p+p and better quality imo .

I've seen the cheap chinese gear but am wary of the sizes tbh.

I might email them and ask if they do fat western bastardo sizes :biggrin:
I've found with the Chinese gear to order a size bigger than normal

Travs

It will be the same sort of stuff you get from Aliexpress. I've got one top, colours are faded a little and the pockets are a bit small but otherwise it does the job. "If something's too good to be true" - keep your expectations as low as the price just to be on the safe side.

I rate the TENN stuff too but have given up with ordering online, unless I can try it on in a shop first for fit. I've wasted so much money on poorly fitting clothes that I can't bring myself to wear more of it.

I would have been better off driving to Manchester to buy a full wardrobe of Rapha gear!

lee1980sim

I got an xxl top from eBay, it arrived and the wife gave me a look of "You've clearly ordered the wrong size" I put it on and it fits nicely, I'm a UK medium usually, a lot of the eBay sellers tend to show measurements for their sizes so not that difficult to fathom

bpsmith

Veteran
Price seems amazing for brand names but what is quality like?.

They aren't brand names. They are unbranded kit printed with the brand names of well known companies or teams. The question is, would you buy it if it didn't have the brand on. It might still be a bargain, and that's your choice then, but it's not cheap for the brand that happens to be printed on as it's clearly not the same thing.

Falco Frank

Über Member
I'm on the verge of giving up with Ebay chinese imports but they can be so hard to spot untill you deal with the seller.

Footnote, I'm very happy with the Marino long sleeve tops from Aldi but that was from the turn of the year.

OP
OP
M

mattheww1976

They aren't brand names. They are unbranded kit printed with the brand names of well known companies or teams. The question is, would you buy it if it didn't have the brand on. It might still be a bargain, and that's your choice then, but it's not cheap for the brand that happens to be printed on as it's clearly not the same thing.
I know they are fake. I was really enquiring about the quality of the product. Some long sleeved tops are pretty expensive and out with my price range. If they are not similar quality made of the same material then I wouldn't buy them.

OP
OP
M

mattheww1976

I got an xxl top from eBay, it arrived and the wife gave me a look of "You've clearly ordered the wrong size" I put it on and it fits nicely, I'm a UK medium usually, a lot of the eBay sellers tend to show measurements for their sizes so not that difficult to fathom
That is brutal. I too am a medium but always go up one size for cycling gear. Pretty confused now as what sizes to order.

Top Bottom