Bye Nico

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jody

Stubborn git
Plus they aren't major technical changes but more of a swing back to Aero. So into Redbulls court but they don't have a great PU. Merc will still be a dominant force next year. They had such a lead in the championship they could switch to Aero developement before those battling for lower places on the table. I agree the grid will be closer

Jody

Stubborn git
Newey has shown time and again that an efficient aero package with a slightly less powerful motor still delivers better lap times.

That was in the V8 era when engines were almost equalised as developement reached its peak.

Drago

Legendary Member
Have you read the technical regulations? the chassis and aero changes are massive, a clean sheet compared to this years cars.

And thenV8s were not equalised in power output. 60-80 BHP between to best and worst in the last season of them, roughly comparable differential to the best and worst hybrid units today.

gbb

Legendary Member
Verstappen, quite remarkable driver for someone so young. Hamilton would have his hands full with him.
Alonso , nah, he's had his day

classic33

Leg End Member
Verstappen, quite remarkable driver for someone so young. Hamilton would have his hands full with him.
Alonso ,
nah, he's had his day
Ran over Coulthard in Japan a few years ago. Lucky to be still driving.

keithmac

Guru
Verstappen would be an exciting and interesting pairing with Hamilton as has been said.

Maybe Vettel could be an option as he seems fed up with Ferrari and their management..

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
My money is more on Bottas than the other higher profile but each with their own personnel management problems for Team Mercedes to manage possibles. He'll just quietly get on with the driving as a No 2 in reality if not publicly stated so, put Hamilton in his place now and again (maybe more) on the track and mop up points from the other teams to help Mercedes costructor championship aims.

classic33

Leg End Member
My money is more on Bottas than the other higher profile but each with their own personnel management problems for Team Mercedes to manage possibles. He'll just quietly get on with the driving as a No 2 in reality if not publicly stated so, put Hamilton in his place now and again (maybe more) on the track and mop up points from the other teams to help Mercedes costructor championship aims.
Bottas is now No. 1 driver at Williams following Massas retirement.

Drago

Legendary Member
I've discovered why Nico retired. Apparently Glenn Forger kept telling him he was doing it all wrong, then called him a rude word when he tried to question the advice.

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
Bottas is now No. 1 driver at Williams following Massas retirement.
Agreed but with the relative resources available and starting positions of the two headings into the future and Bottas having a management link with Toto Wolff he's still probably going to have a better chance of podium places and wins as Mercedes No2. I guess Williams would put a hefty buy out fee on him that could help their development or cherry pick a good driver from Manor ono, or a lower formula

Top Bottom