C to C in a day

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

got-to-get-fit

Has anyone ever done this....?

I have this romantic notion of giving it a try. I live in Cleveland on the east coast and my parents live in Workington on the west coast so its an ideal ride ....i set off from home and sleep at mums house.
The wife drives over in the car and stays and we all drive back to cleveland in a few days.

I have never ridden that kind of distance before though ....the most i have done is 68mile.

Do you think its feasible and do you think the A66 would just be too much of a deathtrap to even contemplate it.

I would be doing it on a road bike.

Ta!

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
Ask Longers, he did a C to C to C recently.

Brains

Legendary Member
CtoCtoC Has been done in a single day
By a guy who lives right in the middle of the route, which meant he went to the sea one way, back home for a refuel and then to the sea the other way and back home

Frankly though, what is the point ? It's a great route I'd rather thake 4 days to do it one way

Wolf04

Lad I use to work with claimed to have completed it in 14 hours. I've no reason to doubt this but sure makes for a long day in the saddle.

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
Anyway if it is about 120miles, sounds perfectly doable and you've got a definite motivational aim there.

longers

Legendary Member
I can only speak for the Morecambe to Scarborough and vice versa route but they're do-able in a day and a very good route as well.

I preferred the route heading westwards as the scenery is better towards the end of the ride but Scarborough is probably better for a few beers afterwards.

Top Bottom