C2W dilemma

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

david k

Hi
Applied last week for a C2W voucher and expected it to be with me very soon as my last one only took a week as I recall.

No sign or message so I phoned the benefit provider, they tell me all is well...great...so how long will it take "4-6 weeks", me - "4-6 weeks!!"....reply "Yes from January when the benefit opens"

I didnt realise that the benefit system only came into force in Jan even though I applied now.

I had planned to buy a boardman CX team £900 - with 15% off until next Wednesday I was hoping to order the bike now.

So the dilemma.

Try to order now if they will let me
Wait until Jan/Feb when voucher comes through
Will he 2014 CX be in stock then?
Will there be a better sale on then?
Will the 2015 be out by then, will it be better, more expensive etc?????

Help please

BrynCP

Über Member
Halfords often discount their bikes and/or have general discounts such as bike events / 15% off weekend etc.

However this is always subject to change and whether Halfords honour that price when doing C2W scheme. Many bike brands will already have their 2015 range out now.

OP
OP
david k

david k

Hi
Halfords often discount their bikes and/or have general discounts such as bike events / 15% off weekend etc.

However this is always subject to change and whether Halfords honour that price when doing C2W scheme. Many bike brands will already have their 2015 range out now.

I assumed Boardman would have theirs out but i cannot find it, worried the spec may reduce

OP
OP
david k

david k

Hi
sussed it, been into halfords, theyve let me pre order the bike at the 15% off, it will wait until end of jan when my voucher should become available. should also be able to cancel the order and make a new one if a better deal comes along

£765 is the current price

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
sussed it, been into halfords, theyve let me pre order the bike at the 15% off, it will wait until end of jan when my voucher should become available. should also be able to cancel the order and make a new one if a better deal comes along

I was going to say the same, its what i did on my last halfords based C2 W purchase .
I also found knowing exactly when the scheme was open to applications speeded things up as my boss always gave me a heads up so i got my paperwork in within hours of it opening so i was at the front of the queue.

SteCenturion

I am your Father

How much ? :eek:

Oh no, wish you hadn't said that..

I really like that bike & that price but I am promised to another..

OP
OP
david k

david k

Hi
yeh i really like the bike, was happy with 15% off, ive managed to get that price secured until the end of Jan, gutted i have to wait, particularly while my hybrid has a puncture i cannot be bothered to fix :ohmy:

Turbo Rider

Just can't reMember
Hmmm, it's a shame it's with Halfords really, but only becauuuuse...a friend of mine had a similar dilemma, but he was buying from a smaller retailer. What he did was buy it using an interest free CC and then, when the voucher came, the guy refunded his CC and put the voucher through instead. Not sure if Halfords would be too keen on that one though...depends who you know...

OP
OP
david k

david k

Hi
ive had several bikes from my local halfords and they have been great each time, they seem to have new staff now so hope they are as good, they seem to have a good reputation locally. Im glad i managed to get the price secured so im happy with that, just cannot wait for jan now yipeeee

Top Bottom