Calling all Nexus 7 owners.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Diggs

Veteran
No, but the Diglet's has even though we bought them at the same time. As @User suggests, it's always with a little trepidation that I update

OP
OP
Leedsbusdriver

Leedsbusdriver

Every breath leaves me one less to my last
[QUOTE 3405377, member: 45"]Mine is so bad now that I'm using my phone instead. I hope they don't hang about with the fix. My phone wants to update but I'm not letting it yet.[/QUOTE]
My phone (Nexus 5) updated last week and runs fine.No crashes or freezes yet.

OP
OP
Leedsbusdriver

Leedsbusdriver

Every breath leaves me one less to my last
[QUOTE 3405402, member: 45"]I've got an HTC m8 and am hesitant. 2 friends with Samsung phones are having problems with the update.[/QUOTE]
The only thing i don't like now is that you are now forced to use Hangouts for SMS.Yes i know there are third party SMS apps,but haven't found one i like yet.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Think I'll stick to Kitkat for now

Bobby Mhor

Wasn't born to follow
Same here. I'm interested to find out if any 2013 Nexus 7s have any problems or whether it's just the 2012s. The 2012s are lower specced so it would make sense if it only affected the 2012 model.
Reddit has a post on how to eliminate the lag without going through the factory reset the Google advises. I cannot post the link as Reddit is having one of its moments...
It's all about the cache :rolleyes:

jiberjaber

Veteran
N7 2012 more prone to lag (irrespective of lollipop or kitkat) because of the memory it used, 2013 doesn't suffer the same (allegedly).

Lollipop runs like a dream on the N5. I've left my N7 (2012) on kitkat for now.

I had to restore my NEXUS7 2013 to factory settings after installing Lollipop, because it got into a contiuous loop of shutting down !!

Never mind, it's good to have a system restore every now and again. At least the play back issues with the BBC I Player have been resolved.

Top Bottom