Cambridge road ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

robjh

Legendary Member
I should be free on Saturday. What are the latest thoughts on routes and times?

OP
OP
Dave 123

Dave 123

Legendary Member
9 on Saturday at kings.
Plenty of route options. Like I first said, a couple of loops either side of town.
So long as I get an ice cream at Aromi I won't complain!

MisterStan

Label Required
Did she also say "and buy that nice Dave a dark chocolate ice cream while you're at it"?
She didn't, but i'll buy you an ice cream for arranging this!

Stephen C

Über Member
I live in Linton, so occasionally cycle around the Six Mile Bottom/Brinkley/West Wratting area, all really nice, good "hill" from Six Mile Bottom to Brinkley. Also, the road from Linton to Saffron Walden is a good challenge, can then cut back to Cambridge via Duxford, or go a bit further across, but I don't really know that area.

Looks like @Dave 123 is getting a lot of ice cream then!

robjh

Legendary Member
Plenty of great riding round the Saffron Walden-Clavering-Chishill area too (from a Duxford resident). And don't forget Coploe Hill by Ickleton.

Agree about the West Wratting / Dullingham area too.

robjh

Legendary Member
Being a Fen Dweller and living the other side of Cambridge, I don't know what these hills you speak of are?
Imagine your dull Fenland roads but slanted, and with extra crinkles in for more fun.

(Though honestly I don't think any of us in Cambs can boast about hills - we just have to celebrate the few little undulations that we have)

GrasB

Veteran
If you're determined you can make a ride which just sneaks into the 'hilly' classification for elevation gain per km over a 50-100km ride without looping on the Bedfordshire/Cambridgeshire/Essex borders. It's all in little short sharp climbs though.

MisterStan

Label Required
If you're determined you can make a ride which just sneaks into the 'hilly' classification for elevation gain per km over a 50-100km ride without looping on the Bedfordshire/Cambridgeshire/Essex borders. It's all in little short sharp climbs though.
Don't encourage them, I have to drop to the inner ring just to get up my driveway!

Top Bottom