Camera lens

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
Yes a damaged camera is easily repaired; It's not just a lens as such, it's a self contained camera unit that's simply swapped out for a new one. It'll cost about 50 pounds, my wife used some outfit called Ifix or similar, they came out to her work and it was done in 30 mins, with genuine Samsung parts and her warranty wasn't affected. I'm sure a Sony is just the same.

steve50

Disenchanted Member
if you can a replacement case for the phone yes. i too had the same issue with blurred photos and i sorted mine out by taking the case apart and cleaning the inside of the case lens.
The camera is mounted on the motherboard inside the casing.

May be simpler?

Doesn't the Experia have a number of focussing modes including manual focus mode as well as being able to focus on a screen point?

If it is in that mode by error, than it may simply be a case of switching the autofocus back on

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Just a bit nervous about using nail varnish remover near plastic parts.
I would do the minimum to get the scratches out and skip the post-toothpaste chemical attack. Just make sure to get all the toothpaste off afterwards!

Lenses are often optically coated so it probably isn't a good idea to try and remove that coating except as a last resort. If all else fails though and you are about to pay to replace the lens, then what do you have to lose.

I have restored previously unplayable scratched DVDs by polishing them with toothpaste. (If you try that, it is important to only polish the DVD radially, not round the disk.)

OP
OP
Iainj837

Iainj837

Guru
May be simpler?

Doesn't the Experia have a number of focussing modes including manual focus mode as well as being able to focus on a screen point?

If it is in that mode by error, than it may simply be a case of switching the autofocus back on
I looked at my settings and it was indeed on manual, I have put it on auto and I will let you know if it works

Top Bottom