England : London CANCELLED: Sunday London Ride - Formal Edition 2nd August

What month do you prefer for the ride to happen?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
ttcycle

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
Bumpity bump

Ride is still planned to happen on 2nd August - usually 9:30 at HPC depart. Happy to push the time up to 10:30 start if that's easier.
Planning a route from Hyde Park, up to Regent's Park, and across to Little Venice for a stop off at the canalboat - Waterside Cafe and back to Hyde Park. It's a tiny little circuit so I'm looking for ways to elongate the ride and will recce it next week. Easy going conversational pace.

Ladies and Gents - in your finest garb! (Fairly relaxed on this but not the usual lycra get up and a bit of effort).

Had some interest from:

@Mark Grant
@wanda2010
@velovoice
@arallsopp

Possibles from @rb58
@AKA Bob
@iLB (farmer garb tolerated) ?

Who's in?

OP
OP
ttcycle

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
Hope to see you both Ian and Jenny.

I might not be able to recce before the ride so it might just be a have to see on the day kinda thing - had an off so the remaining weekend to recce is late July and this may be full.

Shame Rebecca but good news on the class.

w00hoo_kent

One of the 64K
Possibly, I don't remember Hyde Park Corner being silly busy, but it probably was more than normal Sunday busy. The riders finish the 100 and are then guided in to Constitution Hill. Green Park is full of festival. Once you're ready to go home, it's Constitution Hill on to HPC as the leave route.

In my weave around for the riverboat pier we were directed south of the river between Westminster Bridge and Waterloo Bridge (well, the boat signs disappeared as soon as we were south of the river, so I got us north again at the first opportunity) and traffic was gridlocked and grumpy along York Rd south of the river, so I wouldn't be surprised if there was similar on the main arteries on the north side. It really wasn't Sunday level traffic.

As well as the cycle route, Embankment was closed for people to ride back to Docklands, but I don't know how long for. It can't have helped disruption though.

OP
OP
ttcycle

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
How do people feel about chancing it? I'll check as much as I can online.

Thanks w00hoo for the info

rb58

Enigma
I'm doing Ride London, sorry. The closer it gets and the more I read about it, the more I wish doing this instead. And I need a helmet too.

OP
OP
ttcycle

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
I'm doing Ride London, sorry. The closer it gets and the more I read about it, the more I wish doing this instead. And I need a helmet too.
How come? What's wrong with Ride London?

Road closures are planned until 10:45, some until 20:00 but not many of those. I need to try and plot it out on an actual map to make sure that the route doesn't use too many of those roads in case it's an issue.

Suggest a 10:30 HPC start with that in mind.

OP
OP
ttcycle

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
ok, I've just come back from the fracture clinic follow up from my off on Weds and apparently I've dislocated my shoulder and my collarbone has seperated from the joint. It's not causing me much pain and I'm shocked but with Ride London, the fact I won't be able to recce and the borked shoulder, I'm sorry but this will have to be cancelled and rescheduled.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Anyone else up for a cycle on the Sunday? Fnaar is coming to the capital, and he's bringing his bike! :smile::okay::smile::okay:

Last edited:

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Ok, I hadn't realised about the Free Ride, this is fab! Caught some of the Brompton ride with Mrs Fnaar, and have been buzzing about on Boris bikes.

Top Bottom