Cannondale CAADX 7 Sora 2014

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SteCenturion

I am your Father
Can't help, sorry, not enough/any experience of that bike or 'Emmerdales' in general, other than knowing the brand is highly respected & with many owners on here..

calling @smokeysmoo

U

User6179

I have Caadx 105 2012 which I use for a winter bike , I like the bike on the whole but I had issues with the brakes and the wheels which are made of cheese .

The main issue is braking , I changed the pads and that helped but the braking surface of the maddux rims is not great .

I also started snapping spokes on rear wheel quite quickly , as they were all trailing spokes on non drive side, after snapping spoke number 4 I cut out the remaining 4 trailing spokes and replaced them with new ones

This is a good bike but corners have been cut finishing it , I would buy another one but only at a discounted price , I paid £800 originally ( rrp was £1100)

U

User6179

Ok cheers, I only paid £510 so for that I think its good value. Any tips for better wheels?

Would depend on your weight but I would want a 36 spoke rear wheel with a wider rim for off roading but am a heavy git , maybe 105 hub on a Mavic rim with Double butted spokes.

Ok cheers, I only paid £510 so for that I think its good value. Any tips for better wheels?

I put Mavic Ksyrium Elites on my CAAD 10 105. I weigh 105 kg and it rides very comfortably.

SteCenturion

I am your Father
Mavic Aksium S WTS (Wheel Tyre System), fitted as standard to the Cube Peloton Race, they come supplied with Mavic tyres too in the price.

For the price/decent weight/quality I don't think they can be beaten, until you start to spend a few hundred £££.

1780 grammes - ish & around £170 with tyres.

Edit. 1735 grammes & £165 from CRC

Last edited:

outlash

also available in orange
I have the 2013 version which is pretty much the same and I'll echo the thoughts on the wheels and brakes. I've upgraded the brake pads to Clarkes triple compound which have made things better but they're still not a patch on my road bike. IMO, the wheels aren't that bad but when funds allow, I'll swap the stock ones out to fulcrum 5 or 7 CX. I've got racing 5's on my road bike and they're rock solid. Great bike otherwise.

FWIW, I don't really see the point of sticking a 'posh' groupset on a bike that's going to get thrashed off road and in winter. I deliberately went for a Sora equipped bike for that reason. Each to their own though.

Tony.

Top Bottom