Cannondale Synapse frame size decision

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Chris S 49

Dear All,

Me: age=65 yrs.: Ht. =172 cm. : inside leg=79 cm. nominal frame size for road bikes indicated = 54 cm.

I aim to get into longish distance cycling + some moderate speed cycling as a work-out. Have opted to go for a 'more comfortable' road bike.

The man in the shop has suggested a 58cm. frame, saying that I look OK on it. I'm inclined to go for 56 cm. - somehow 58 cm. seems big. The frame size range for this bike is 48, 51, 54, 56, 58, 61 cm. Given that I am ( I would reckon) less than average height, 58 cm. again seems too big. (assuming punters for this bike will have similar cycling aspirations)

Which size should I plump for? (given that the true answer will only emerge after a few weeks of cycling). Would I notice the difference anyway?

Cheers,

Chris

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
i would go for a 54 personally , i am 170 cm with a 77.5 cm inside leg and i really should be on a 52/53 although i have a 54 for commuting albeit with an 80 mm stem .

vickster

Legendary Member
That being the case, a 54cm would work for someone 5'8 (172cm?)...I am just under 5'10, 33"-34" inside leg, ride 54cm

w00hoo_kent

One of the 64K
5'10 and a little, 178cm and take a 30" leg trouser (75cm leg?). Do they, perchance, have a 2014 58cm in the shop they need to get rid of because I'm riding a 56cm and considering shortening the stem. This is me on the bike, although not fully side on and gurning for some reason.

I'm about 5 10 and would go for a 54 too i reckon.

DDE

I'm 5' 9" and got fitted for one in Evans on Saturday.

I tried both the 54 and 56, and have gone for the 54.

RAYMOND

Sizing by height and inside leg again. Nobody seems to grasp the flaws of this
OP: Test ride

Correct.. I have 2 medium size bikes yet most online size charts I look at state I should ride a small frame .
Being 5'7 and short inside leg 29 inch.
Yet I have no problems riding my medium sized bikes.
Then again I don't ride with my seat post sky high.

Top Bottom