Canyon Aeroad sizes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

David5416

Über Member
I going to buy a new road bike and have been doing a bit of research to make sure i get the right one. I am either going to buy a Canyon Aeroad Aeroad CF SLX 7.0/8.0 Di2 or the Giant Propel advanced pro 0.
The problem lies in that Canyon only sell online from Germany and after going on the online chat with them for advice on sizing i have been recomended to buy a size small bike. I am 5 feet 8.5 inches tall with a 31 inch inside leg and i am just sceptical about buying a bike that is to small for me. I currently ride a 54 Spec sectuar as my mudguard bike and have a Cube Agree GTC pro in 58 (Cube are a little on the small side i believe) The Spec.is a little small for me but comfy for commuting so not bothered about that. I know they are the experts but this size does not sit right with me. Has anybdoy got an Aeroad or had dealings with Canyon. If i cant sort it out i will go for the Giant just for piece of mind. Any advice would be appreciated.

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
Hi David,

I've just taken delivery of an Aeroad 9.0, size medium. I'm 6 foot exactly with a 33 inside leg. The fit is right, so I wouldn't be surprised that you've been recommended a small.

The main Canyon operation is in Koblenz, but they do have a service centre in the UK with real people on the end of the phone. The UK operation has been great but my bike was delivered without a seat wedge (spare sent asap from the UK service centre) and the seat clamp had been tightened with one of the rail groves misaligned. Considering I'd just shelled the best part of 5 large for the bike, I'd have liked a little more attention to detail.

The bike itself is great - more comfortable than I'd have expected from such an aggressive frame and bars, and it's noticeably quicker down hills than my ageing Litespeed. Di2 is a revelation.

Any other questions, post 'em up.

OP
OP
David5416

David5416

Über Member
Hi David,

I've just taken delivery of an Aeroad 9.0, size medium. I'm 6 foot exactly with a 33 inside leg. The fit is right, so I wouldn't be surprised that you've been recommended a small.

The main Canyon operation is in Koblenz, but they do have a service centre in the UK with real people on the end of the phone. The UK operation has been great but my bike was delivered without a seat wedge (spare sent asap from the UK service centre) and the seat clamp had been tightened with one of the rail groves misaligned. Considering I'd just shelled the best part of 5 large for the bike, I'd have liked a little more attention to detail.

The bike itself is great - more comfortable than I'd have expected from such an aggressive frame and bars, and it's noticeably quicker down hills than my ageing Litespeed. Di2 is a revelation.

Any other questions, post 'em up.

Thanks very much Bollo much appreciated.

Nick Stone

Just taken delivery of my ultimate cf, rides sweet. I worried about size I have a 56 spec and Scott so went with the large, looked small when I took out of the box but fits like a glove goes like a stink as well. Customer service was good I emailed a question at night got response from some where by breakfast next day

OP
OP
David5416

David5416

Über Member
Just taken delivery of my ultimate cf, rides sweet. I worried about size I have a 56 spec and Scott so went with the large, looked small when I took out of the box but fits like a glove goes like a stink as well. Customer service was good I emailed a question at night got response from some where by breakfast next day
Completely blown my mind now Nick. I should ride a 56 and Canyon told me to get a small. If yours is a large , I don't know what to think now.

Top Bottom