Canyon bikes - any good?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Melvil

Having already got a nice Boardman Team but inevitably succumbing to the N+1 philosophy, I've been having a look at Canyon bikes - particularly their Endurace range.

Anyone bought a Canyon bike and if so, what are your thoughts?

Also, more generally, is it worth buying a road bike with caliper brakes at the moment when the trend seems to be moving to disc brakes?

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Canyon over Boardman's everytime...that's just my opinion.

You are getting a very good bike for your money.
Try using the search button. There are a good few threads on Canyons.

Mrs M

Guru
Having already got a nice Boardman Team but inevitably succumbing to the N+1 philosophy, I've been having a look at Canyon bikes - particularly their Endurace range.

Also, more generally, is it worth buying a road bike with caliper brakes at the moment when the trend seems to be moving to disc brakes?

Seen good reviews on Canyon, may want to check out Rose Bikes. Only available online, made in Germany. Their new range usually available for mid November, some new models on sale just now though.
Bringing out lots of new disc road bikes for 2015. High spec for a very reasonable price.

vickster

Legendary Member
Seen good reviews on Canyon, may want to check out Rose Bikes. Only available online, made in Germany. Their new range usually available for mid November, some new models on sale just now though.
Bringing out lots of new disc road bikes for 2015. High spec for a very reasonable price.
They do now have a retail outlet in Kingston Upon Thames I believe, where you can test ride (don't know if you buy or still have to mail order

mattobrien

Guru
Speaking to LBS a while ago, they were of the opinion that with two pro teams to support it might not be long before they have to out their prices up to keep up with the costs.

Might not always be such good value, so possibly a good time to buy before they go up.

bpsmith

Veteran
I very nearly bought a Canyon, before getting my Bianchi. Great bikes from the reviews that I read.

As far as disc brake bikes, are there more disc ready wheels available yet?

That would be of serious concern, assuming that the stock wheels aren't awesome.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I very nearly bought a Canyon, before getting my Bianchi. Great bikes from the reviews that I read.

As far as disc brake bikes, are there more disc ready wheels available yet?

That would be of serious concern, assuming that the stock wheels aren't awesome.

Hand made disc wheels can cost less then off the shelf wheels.

bpsmith

Veteran
Hand made disc wheels can cost less then off the shelf wheels.

Fair point. Assuming potential buyers haven't got something already in mind off the peg.

Would still be a factor for me presently.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
They do now have a retail outlet in Kingston Upon Thames I believe, where you can test ride (don't know if you buy or still have to mail order

Interesting.

The published Rose address in the UK is a business unit in Wiltshire.

I see they now have a shop in Munich which I don't think has been open very long.

The pic on the website looks very designer-ish, a bit of an Apple shop groove going on.

Perhaps Rose are going to open branches.

https://www.rosebikes.co.uk/contact/show

Drago

Legendary Member
Generally the bikes are fairly decent. Warranty support has mixed reviews though.

The biggest risk is not being able to test ride one, but it's a gamble many seem willing to take.

SteCenturion

I am your Father

Canyon Endurance CF 8.0 was the winner of a 5 bike test in the 1st issue of Bikes Etc, a new magazine out now (got my copy free as an incentive thing from the publishers).

In answer to question, imho, an excellent brand, based on reviews by the press & on forum members experience rather than 1st hand experience.

I just wish they had more colour options, like the red & white bike ridden by some members of Team Katousha.

OP
OP
M

Melvil

Thanks all, from this it seems like they do good bikes! (and had a look at the other posts Ianrauk :-) Very tempted to look at the Endurace now...

Top Bottom