Canyon Ultimate CF SLX

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

VamP

Banned
Mavic lead skewers are around 82g. Ti ones come in under 40g. Carbon saddles come in around 150g vs 250-300g for normal saddles. The Canyon VCLS seatposts aren't particularly light, although they are so darn comfy I'd be loath to replace them.

Biggest weight saving potential is your wheelset though. Tubular race wheels with good tubs will take nearly 500g off that bike. Then there's the chainset. After that you start getting into big money for individual components.

If you're at all thinking about aero wheels, then this is your path of least resistance. Keep the Ksyriums for training/crits. Upgrade your chainset when you decide a power meter is a must.

Reactions: gaz

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
You just spent a virtual bucket load of Gaz's cash there! :laugh:

OP
OP
gaz

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
DOH! I think I made an amateur mistake when initially setting up my bike. Moved my saddle back a little last night on the way home, felt better.
Got home and did the old string with a weight on it from the knee and it was in front of the end of the crank :/
So I need to move my saddle further back for a good fit. Eugh silly me.

In any case, did a semi-quick lap of Richmond park, was held up by some cars on a downhill section which slowed me down from around 30 to 23 ( :O Speeding! )
Improved my previous time from +23mins to 20:17. aaaah so close to sub 20!

goody

Veteran
I always manage to get held up somewhere on a lap. Also had to put the brakes on after feeling a bit guilty approaching two coppers sitting in what looks like a golf buggy watching the traffic pass, if they had given chase I don't think they would have caught me though.

400bhp

Guru
You've spent a lot of money on that bike.

Do yourself a favour, stop guessing and get a bike fit. Even get on the train and get up to the Manchester Velodrome for the PedalPrecision bod to sort it.

400bhp

Guru
I have the 2011 model (frame at 910g versus the current model at 790g) and it sits bang on the UCI weight limit with pedals, with Centaur and Gigantex tubs. This one would easily go 6.5kgs.

Christ-2 years and they've managed to shave 120g off (15%):thumbsup:

VamP

Banned
Christ-2 years and they've managed to shave 120g off (15%):thumbsup:

The fork is lighter too ;)

400bhp

Guru
Maybe they were setting low expectations and stuck a few weights in the 2011 one? Have you tried shaking the frame up and down to see if some pennies fall out?:whistle:

Andrew_P

In between here and there
Gaz had you asked about a swap? I was wondering how solid the 30 day thing was with a bike that had been ridden.

I emailed and they won't sell the frame I like separately.

OP
OP
gaz

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
Heh. I'm gonna be keeping an eye on your RP lap times, from now on :tongue:
I suspect with a little more effort and some clear roads, i could beat
You've spent a lot of money on that bike.

Do yourself a favour, stop guessing and get a bike fit. Even get on the train and get up to the Manchester Velodrome for the PedalPrecision bod to sort it.
That's been part of my plan since I started looking for a nice bike. I just have to decide where to get a fitting. Manchester is probably a bit far, considering there are some fantastic bike fitting places in London, several of which are a stones throw away from my route to work.

Top Bottom