Car booty

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gbb

Legendary Member
:sad::tongue::tongue::tongue:
As a regular...you get the occasional cycling related booty, usually lights and odds....not today. Proper stuff, although some of it was well used.

Just got there...saw a guy carrying off a pair of racing wheels...looked quite ok at a glance. Gutted.

Got a new budget MTB rear wheel for a project for £3 tho.

On to a different boot, guy selling 2 sets of 700c wheels, but both well worn on the braking surfaces. He wanted £15 each pair. Nah...bugged me seeing them, but no.
Got a brand new pair of vredstien Volante Tricomp clinchers...for £4 the pair :ohmy:
Pair of commuter pedals, ok condition for £1.
Another guy was selling a very nearly new cannondale triple chainset, new, for £20. Cant use it, didnt buy it.

Last week, got a very little used Shimano BB removal tool for £1.
Cateye clip on LED front light...like new, £1.
Exage / Biopace chainset...£3. Cranks were in poor condition but they've cleaned up, sprayed and laquered up quite well.

Anyway...before i see any of you lot there...bugger off :biggrin:

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
Is that at the one near me?(without me saying the name so you dont get people going there and stealing your stuff;))
I went past this morning and saw a load of people going there, it was pretty much just cleared up when i came back again though.

OP
OP
gbb

gbb

Legendary Member
Joe24 said:
Is that at the one near me?(without me saying the name so you dont get people going there and stealing your stuff;))
I went past this morning and saw a load of people going there, it was pretty much just cleared up when i came back again though.

Spect so Joe :sad:

To be fair, the last couple of weeks have been good for cycling bits, wish it was always like that :ohmy:

Not many peeps out riding this morning Joe ? Thats unusual ! Cyclists are usually everywhere when i pass through Lowdham etc

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
gbb said:
Spect so Joe :sad:

To be fair, the last couple of weeks have been good for cycling bits, wish it was always like that :ohmy:

Not many peeps out riding this morning Joe ? Thats unusual ! Cyclists are usually everywhere when i pass through Lowdham etc

Depends what time you were around.
At about 9:15 we saw a few big groups, got into derbyshire and didnt see many till about 12, then saw a few along the mainer roads.
If your at lowdham at about 9:30ish you will see the clubs getting ready to go and waiting for the rest.
Last week it was busy, it was GNBR then though.

Top Bottom