Car window stickers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Spinney

Bimbleur extraordinaire
I'm still being annoyed by seeing those yellow 'cyclists stay back' stickers on all sorts of vehicles. Mr Spinney said there were some 'cyclists stay awesome' stickers available, but I can only find links to road.cc that seem to be at least a year old.

But it got me thinking - maybe the back window of a car isn't a bad place to convey a few simple cycling safety messages to other drivers. I was thinking of something like 'a metre matters' type of thing, with a simple graphic.

So @Shaun - if there is enough interest, would it be possible for the CycleChat shop to sell such things?

And what would be the most effective message(s) to convey.

Personally I'd rather have a strip to put along the bottom of the back window rather than having things stuck to the paintwork.

Any ideas/thoughts?

byegad

Legendary Member
Sounds like a great idea, I'd buy one for my car and another for my wife's car.

Asa Post

Super Iconic Legend
I find the "Baby On Board" signs useful. It lets me know from quite a distance that the driving is going to be shockingly bad bordering on the homicidal. I'm sure the baby could drive better if it could reach the pedals.
No, no, no.

You're making a very common mistake. The fact is that the sign is not written in English but in Tishlub, a language that looks very similar.

BABY is a verb. The basis is BAB, which means “to be”. Tishlub is like Latin, so the verb is modified by different endings. The addition of a “Y” indicates that this is first person singular – I AM.

There are no single letter words in Tishlub, so ON is one of the smallest words in the language, and means the same as one of English's smallest words – the indefinite article - A.

BOARD is a noun. It is rather disreputable, as it is a slang term for …... (erm)....... a lady's naughty bits.

So what you think says “BABY ON BOARD” actually says

I AM A TW*T

sidevalve

Über Member
No, no, no.

You're making a very common mistake. The fact is that the sign is not written in English but in Tishlub, a language that looks very similar.

BABY is a verb. The basis is BAB, which means “to be”. Tishlub is like Latin, so the verb is modified by different endings. The addition of a “Y” indicates that this is first person singular – I AM.

There are no single letter words in Tishlub, so ON is one of the smallest words in the language, and means the same as one of English's smallest words – the indefinite article - A.

BOARD is a noun. It is rather disreputable, as it is a slang term for …... (erm)....... a lady's naughty bits.

So what you think says “BABY ON BOARD” actually says

I AM A TW*T
That must have taken a while - Get out more

classic33

Leg End Member
Two that I have seen.
give cyclistsroom.jpg

Stayin Alive.jpg

classic33

Leg End Member
[QUOTE 4008117, member: 45"]The Give Cyclists Room sticker was done by someone on here many years ago.

If someone else wants to pick up the idea and get some printed I'm sure Shaun would be more than happy.[/QUOTE]
Padbeat, of the Silent Service. Done on C+.

Top Bottom