Car window stickers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Monsieur

Got this in my car

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    106.5 KB · Views: 54

marknotgeorge

Hol den Vorschlaghammer!
I've got one of the 'Stay Awesome' stickers on the back of Fungus the Clio. I keep meaning to move it, as I think the rear wiper obscures it.

Shaun

Founder
Unfortunately we cannot add non-Spreadshirt products to the current shop so any stickers would have to be designed, sourced, produced and distributed as a community project.

Cheers,
Shaun :biggrin:

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
I cant really see how someone could get upset for someone having a sticker on a car.

If anyone gets stickers made up, they need to be flourescent to be seen in the dark. Very few people read them so they may as well be of some use.

blazed

220lb+
I cant really see how someone could get upset for someone having a sticker on a car.

If anyone gets stickers made up, they need to be flourescent to be seen in the dark. Very few people read them so they may as well be of some use.

Cyclists are a minority and as such many have a massive chip on their shoulders.

"cyclists stay back" is obviously meant as a safety warning, only really ever seen on large vehicles.

Cyclists are a minority and as such many have a massive chip on their shoulders.

"cyclists stay back" is obviously meant as a safety warning, only really ever seen on large vehicles.
A quick google finds a few eg
2014-02-0309-00-30.jpg

Also turned up this beauty - wouldn't it be easy to fix the bulb?

murphy.jpg

Drago

Legendary Member
Alas, a lot of cyclists are so oblivious to their own safety that they need such warnings. Unfortunately, this Darwin Awards candidates aren't the sort to bother reading warning notices.

I'm not offended by such signs. If cyclists weren't dumb enough to do it, the industry wouldnt waste the time, effort and money slapping such stickers on their vehicles.

Shaun

Founder
Well to bring it back onto the topic of CC stickers - what wording would you suggest?

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Because they're usually completely bogus instructions: telling us not to overtake at all (even on the right), blame-shifting (translation: "my vehicle is unsafe or my driving is substandard and I'm not going to fix it until forced") and generally contributing to the myth that there are hordes of cyclists overtaking on the left in the same lane and getting run down rather than motorists doing dangerous last-gasp overtakes on the entrances to junctions.

Fluorescence doesn't work in the dark. Maybe you mean reflective or luminous?

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
You read all that into one little sticker in a car window? If I thought like that when Im out riding Id scrap all my bikes. Its only a sticker.
Oh I'm lucky. I don't have to ride near nobbers with those stickers much. They're a symptom of how some motorists have completely the wrong attitude about sharing the roads. I think it should be a fine and penalty points for displaying a sign that contradicts the Highway Code on a vehicle.
Ive got "Think Bike" on the back of my car. What do you make of that one?
It just reminds me of a nobber with one of those stickers who repeatedly parks on the cycle track a few miles north of here. Fairly large drives on those houses and space on all of them, but no, that one parks obstructing the cycle track. Not seen them recently, though. Maybe a passing bike scratched it :evil:

Top Bottom