Castelli confronto

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Darcy

POB
I also found myself with a bit of extra cash recently, and after buying cycle clothing from the the likes of Wiggle and Evans, usually their own brand. I decided that I would treat myself to a Castelli Gabba jacket and some bib shorts. Firstly Castelli clothing is on the small side, so you will need to go up a size, but I have to say the quality and feel of Castelli clothing is first class and you will not regret paying a bit extra for Castelli. I was so impressed that I placed a second order for another pair of bib shorts, a jersey and a couple of pairs of socks.

There are lots of sales on at the moment so shop around, I did, and managed to get good discounts. There are some people who like to criticise those that ride in Castelli, I really don't understand why, I say if you have a bit of extra cash then buy the jacket that you like and ignore the haters. You will not regret the quality and feel of your Castelli jacket.

bpsmith

Veteran
@Darcy is spot on and I too can't understand why people criticise. People are funny creatures.

If you like Castelli, and have the cash, then enjoy!

OP
OP
outlash

outlash

also available in orange
The jacket is a softshell fabric - it will keep you dry/warm on moderate length rides. After a little while some softshells can tend to smell a bit. Lots of reviewers seem to rate this one though https://rideonmagazine.com.au/8-jackets-tested-and-rated/

Yeah I spotted that, it's the only real review I can find. My concern is the claim of being totally waterproof and 'breathable'. I have water resistant jackets and a near-as-dammit waterproof shell, I do fancy a waterproof jacket. As much as this is pretty much a free gift, I don't want to waste it.

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
Decided not to in the end, spent the money on nanoflex bib knicks instead.
Yeah they're really great. Water beads off them quite well IIRC

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
Look at the spec:
"Torrent 2L stretch fabric with 10000mm water column waterproofness and 8000 mvp breathability"

Those numbers suggest very good waterproofing but only moderate breathability - probably OK as long as you're not riding very hard.

I'd say it looks like an excellent rain jacket for the price though.

Drago

Legendary Member
Don't get too hung up on breathability. Even the finest most advanced breathable fabrics, a) aren't all that brilliant, and b) have a breatheability functional half life of under a hundred hours of use, much less in some cases.

Top Bottom