Cateye Rack/Pannier mount/connector/thingamajig

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mythste

Veteran
Does anyone have one? I'm loathing the idea of paying £5 for a piece of drilled plastic and would much rather my beer token go to a forum member if anyone has one going unused.

I believe its one of these style that is required - http://www.evanscycles.com/products/pdw/rear-light-cargo-rack-bracket-ec035228 - I normally just slipped a cheap light onto the back of my panniers via a little material loop but it got caught and snapped off. Oh well.

Any and all help appreciated!

sittingbull

Veteran
I use a Cateye C1 Belt Clip.

Just cut the clip part off with a hacksaw, then you're left with a flat mount. Drill 4 holes in the corners (and in my case corresponding holes to the rear of my seat pack) and attach with 2 cable ties. The end result is horizontally aligned unlike attaching to a material loop.

OP
OP
mythste

mythste

Veteran

Just cut the clip part off with a hacksaw, then you're left with a flat mount. Drill 4 holes in the corners (and in my case corresponding holes to the rear of my seat pack) and attach with 2 cable ties. The end result is horizontally aligned unlike attaching to a material loop.

Oh Good point. I do have a seat ring thingy that I might be able to retrofit one way or another... Hmm.

Gez73

Veteran
I might have one in the shed not needed. Definitely have a spare belt clip version. Let me look. Gez

Last edited:

raleighnut

Legendary Member

I've done similar but using tiny screws to the 'Crud guard' mudguard mount on my Saracen, works surprisingly well. :becool:

Gez73

Veteran
That's the cateye belt clip also using a Topeak attachment. That requires two vertical holes in the rack while the longer cateye mount user two horizontal holes. You are welcome to both/either/neither. It is very sturdy and should hold any light safely. I have no spare horizontal mounts as they are all attached to racks. Gez

OP
OP
mythste

mythste

Veteran
@Gez73 - I'll have a look when I get home but that might just be the ticket, Happy to throw a few quid in your macmillan fund if that's still relevant and you don't need it :smile:

Gez73

Veteran
No problem, the belt clip will work if you can work out a way to mount it. Otherwise the topeak bracket is dead sturdy with it if you can mount that. Not going anywhere so no rush. Cheers, no need to worry about payment. Gez

Top Bottom