Cav and 2014

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mr Haematocrit

msg me on kik for android
I just think they are trying to cover all bases this year and the wind tunnel work is just part of it (marginal gains anyone) Cav's 2014 bike for example is running the new zipp's SL Sprint stem designed to meet the demands of Grand Tour sprinters with the highest stiffness-to-weight ratio of any stem on the market. The SL Sprint even comes with its own top cap, designed to be aerodynamically efficient it blends neatly into the body of the stem. Zipp's Service Course SL handlebar Cav is using is available in three reach options (the horizontal distance from the bar’s stem clamp area to center of the brake perch). With the usual range of widths on offer too, the Service Course SL allows riders to get closer to their perfect cockpit than ever before.
Cav's bike also features wheels with the new Zipp 188 v9 hubs which Cav developed with Zipp. These feature larger, thicker flanges and larger Swiss stainless steel bearings in the hub shell (same 17mm axle) which add up to a 20% laterally stiffer and 140% torsionally stiffer wheel. That means there’s virtually no effort lost to wind up or flex during massive sprinting efforts.

Am I starting to sound like a stalker yet :shy:

Peteaud

Veteran
The SL Sprint even comes with its own top cap, designed to be aerodynamically efficient it blends neatly into the body of the stem.

1) pics
2) yes
:laugh:

Mr Haematocrit

The SL sprint stem is a development of the SL145 stem which Cav used last year and was able to flex with his riding style. It is designed to smooth the airflow onto the frame.
You can also see it on his venge in the wind tunnel pictures, along with the only working set of sram 22 red hydro in existence.

cavstem.jpg

zippSLSprintStem.jpg

thom

____
Got to love the marketing though.
Reading this thread, it feels like someones trying to sell me something…

I thought everyone knew the whole marketing spiel was bullshit - not really sure what an advertorial on expensive Zipp products has got to do with Cav...

SteCenturion

I am your Father
I just think they are trying to cover all bases this year and the wind tunnel work is just part of it (marginal gains anyone) Cav's 2014 bike for example is running the new zipp's SL Sprint stem designed to meet the demands of Grand Tour sprinters with the highest stiffness-to-weight ratio of any stem on the market. The SL Sprint even comes with its own top cap, designed to be aerodynamically efficient it blends neatly into the body of the stem. Zipp's Service Course SL handlebar Cav is using is available in three reach options (the horizontal distance from the bar’s stem clamp area to center of the brake perch). With the usual range of widths on offer too, the Service Course SL allows riders to get closer to their perfect cockpit than ever before.
Cav's bike also features wheels with the new Zipp 188 v9 hubs which Cav developed with Zipp. These feature larger, thicker flanges and larger Swiss stainless steel bearings in the hub shell (same 17mm axle) which add up to a 20% laterally stiffer and 140% torsionally stiffer wheel. That means there’s virtually no effort lost to wind up or flex during massive sprinting efforts.

Not a stalker.

Zipp products salesman ??

SteCenturion

I am your Father
lol... I wish might get staff discount
Zipp however only make it to number 10 in my fanboy list these days (they have been demoted due to being owned by SRAM)
Heathen !!
:laugh:
Sram Force on my Sintesi.

Mr Haematocrit

Worse - it sounds as though you actually believe all that bulls***... :smile:

Well Zipp have released the data showing that the new wheels featuring that hub is stiffer, and the new 145 sprint stem is more aero and stiffer than the old SL145 stem.. So yes I believe the data as I can't see why they would want to fake something such as that, I do however take the data into context as it does not show how the products compare to the competition, only to the previous products which have been around for years.
I also have the old SL145 stem and think its exceptionally stiff for myself, and I have a set of the Zipp 808 firecrest with the old hubs and a set of 808's with the new hubs.. I can't say I can tell the difference, perhaps I need to take my MTFU pills more often :thumbsup:
Data is very much like statistics in as much as they can paint the picture you wish to tell. Ultimately none of it makes the slightest bit of difference unless Cav wins more, or Zipp sells more wheels... Only time will tell if either happen.

Whats wrong with believing, didn't Santa come to your house? :laugh:

Top Bottom