CC Ecosse (and North Englandshire) 2016 Tour Thoughts...

What kind of Tour would people like?

• Weekend Meetup with Organisated Rides

• Point to Point Multi-day Tour in Scotland

• Point to Point Multi-day Tour Somewhere New

Results are only viewable after voting.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Fubar

Fubar

Guru
There is an Audax called the Eightsome Reel - which is a ride around the 4 extremities of Scotland - Berwick, Durness, Dunnet Head, Mull of Galloway and back to Berwick - which is around 1500km. One can start and finish at any point on the way.

I am NOT suggesting we do this (though it might have stimulated some interest :whistle:) but the idea of a Foursome Reel, to 4 points around the country, say 80 - 100km apart each, could be doable. Preferably in a part of the country not cycled regularly by most of us but perhaps 1 person chooses a 'local' route and acts as route advisor/navigator for their sector, then someone else for the next day etc.

How many of us have cycled in Dumfries & Galloway ? I've been there once and it was rather nice.

I like the idea of a Border Bash, maybe criss-crossing the Borders and we could even (bring our passports and) cross over the Tweed ... :eek:

Happy to be based in one place or move daily.

Would be nice to make it this time ... :unsure:

Aww, what did you have to go and do that for?!?

I need to give up work.

Rasmus

Without a clever title
Extended coast-to-coast could be fun. Portpatrick to Alnmouth?

Louch

105% knowledge on 105
From experience, I have had great cycling weather first two weeks of june last few years . Could tie in with bank holiday weekend to help some save on annual leave?

OP
OP
Fubar

Fubar

Guru
This for me too Mr Fubar, can be hard (impossible mostly) to get any extra days off due to where I work now, so this idea would suit nicely. Also a place with off road bits would be good for those of us that like the clean dirty weekends :crazy:.

Good to hear - the idea was that it was not just touring but any kind of cycling (or not cycling) that people wanted to do once they were there. Ed has suggested the mental Fred Whitton route, we could have a couple of gentler pootles and some "dirty" stuff for those that like throwing themselves off things - or leave the bike at home and just turn up, chat, eat, drink and go home again.

Good to hear - the idea was that it was not just touring but any kind of cycling (or not cycling) that people wanted to do once they were there. Ed has suggested the mental Fred Whitton route, we could have a couple of gentler pootles and some "dirty" stuff for those that like throwing themselves off things - or leave the bike at home and just turn up, chat, eat, drink and go home again.
Ed suggests lots of things. Thankfully most people are too sensible to join in. Would be decent to bag a few of t'cols though.

Top Bottom