Scotland : Kingdom of Fife CC Ecosse (Fife) Ride - Saturday 12th April

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Col5632

Guru
This is basically the short route of the Dunfermline Sportive which is fairly challenging for the first 10 or so miles, flattens out then near the end is the famous cleish climb which has a nasty start and end but a pretty flat middle, anybody coming via train can get the train to Dunfermline Town station and queen anne is around a mile away from here and i can happily meet people there and guide them to and from queen anne :thumbsup:
  • The Ride - From Dunfermline round Loch Leven and back again
  • Meeting place - Queen Anne High School, Dunfermline
  • Route - http://www.mapmyride.com/routes/view/80335111 Distance approximately 72 km / 45 miles.
  • Terrain - Mostly on road, most roads are pretty decent, few dirty parts around knockhill
  • Ride time - Approximately 4 hours, excluding stops
  • Stops - Food/Cake can be had at the Loch End Cafe which i think will be between 25-30 mile mark.
  • Start Time - 10am
The 3 key rules of CC Ecosse Forum Rides will apply:
  • NO ONE gets left behind
  • ANY BIKE will do:bicycle:
  • There WILL BE CAKE:hungry:

HonestMan1910

Über Member
Hopefully better weather than last years aborted ride

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
Nice one, @Col5632 :thumbsup:.
There is something seriously wrong with your map though, the headline numbers say 347 ft climbing ... is that an attempt to make us believe that all of Scotland is more or less flat, in particular the area around the plains of Cleish :laugh:, with hardly a bump in sight, let alone any hills? :evil:

T

OP
OP
Col5632

Col5632

Guru
that ride me a man! but this year I cant make it sorry, have plans that saturday

Date can still be changed ;)

Nice one, @Col5632 :thumbsup:.
There is something seriously wrong with your map though, the headline numbers say 347 ft climbing ... is that an attempt to make us believe that all of Scotland is more or less flat, in particular the area around the plains of Cleish :laugh:, with hardly a bump in sight, let alone any hills? :evil:

T

My link says its about 1,139ft climbing, sure its closer to 2,000 though but really the only hills are at the start and end :laugh:

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
Here is the evidence :laugh: ... a mere 347 feet (left hand box), even though the text says 347 metres (which still does look rather 'flat' given the profile :tongue:)

New Picture.png

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
That's the Easter weekend, isn't it? Not sure what we are going to do yet ...
Like @Louch, we'll be busy with PoP on 26th April, and there is of course the 3 Ferries on 27th ...

T

Brandane

Legendary Member
'Tis Easter weekend so I will be down in York on the motorised bike for the weekend; errrm, weather permitting. If weather is not agreeable, I will still be going but by some other means.

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
19th is a bit tricky for us to commit to, unfortunately - we might go away for a couple of days on the bikes over Easter if the weather looks promising nearer the time, the office is closed Friday & Monday. :dance:
How about the weekend before?

T

Top Bottom