Scotland : Kingdom of Fife CC Ecosse (Fife) Ride - Saturday 12th April

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Col5632

Col5632

Guru
I could do with being home for 4 or certainly close to it, got work at 4:30 :sad: not going to lie it will be a struggle for me doing these 45 miles, most I've done in one go this year is 28 and that was back in January lol

Rasmus

Without a clever title
Forecast is for decently strong winds from the west. If this holds, I might do another early morning feeder ride from home :bicycle:

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Great for the start of the ride, not so good for the end of it :heat:
au contraire - the end looks even better ...

bikerail21a.jpg

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
Sorry guys, I'll not be able to join you, got a day's worth of work to do over the weekend to finish off this @#%^£ report :angry:, and another day's worth of chores ... so not much time for swanning about on the bike. :cry:
Have a slice of cake for me (carrot or ginger would do nicely :hungry:), take some photos and most importantly don't fall off!
Might see some of you on the Mound in the evening? That'll be my incentive to make progress fast ...

T

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Not me, I'm sorry - Mrs S had a wee op on her damaged shoulder on Thurs and can't do much with the right arm ...

... and her Parents are coming for lunch :ohmy: ... errr ... :hugs:

scook94

Veteran
Similarly, I reckon the best option for me is to head west and have the 40mph gusting winds at my back on the way home. I've had an offer from @eldudino (formerly of this parish) of a social 40-50 miles with coffee and cake half way round, so I'll probably take up this offer instead.

I'm also eyeing the 3 ferries ride in a couple of weeks, could stay in the flat down in Largs and cycle up from there. I'll post in the thread accordingly...

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
:hello:@scook94 - say hi to eldud from us! Very long time no see ...
Would be good to see you on the 3 Ferries ride :smile:

@Rasmus will be flying if he cycles to the start at Dunfermline tomorrow ...

T

scook94

Veteran
@scook94 - a 'social 40-50 miles ...' with @eldudino :ohmy: ??? I thought he had forgotten the meaning of the word 'social' :laugh: and is all :bicycle: :bicycle: :bicycle: nowadays !

Enjoy your ride together ! :thumbsup:

... hope you survive :sad:

I'm lead to believe he's suffering a head cold, hence his reluctance to go out with the bike club scratch group.

Last time we were out together he dragged me round Loch Katrine averaging 19.3 mph for the ride, I was slightly broken after that ride. I'm aiming for 12.9 mph avg tomorrow.... :thumbsup:

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
My best wishes for a speedy recovery to Mrs. @Scoosh!
Enjoy the ride all of you going, I'm working :sad: ... just as well, as I know my limits :laugh:
Looking forward to the pictures and to the ride report :thumbsup:

Top Bottom