Scotland : Kingdom of Fife CC Ecosse (Fife) Ride - Saturday 20th February

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Col5632

Guru
Hopefully by the end of Feb the weather should be getting better :laugh:

This is basically the short route of the Dunfermline Sportive which is fairly challenging for the first 10 or so miles, flattens out then near the end is the famous cleish climb which has a nasty start and end but a pretty flat middle, anybody coming via train can get the train to Dunfermline Town station and queen anne is around a mile away from here and i can happily meet people there and guide them to and from queen anne :thumbsup:
  • The Ride - From Dunfermline round Loch Leven and back again
  • Meeting place - Queen Anne High School, Dunfermline
  • Route - https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/478630953 Distance approximately 72 km / 45 miles.
  • Terrain - Mostly on road, most roads are pretty decent, few dirty parts around Knockhill
  • Ride time - Approximately 4 hours, excluding stops
  • Stops - Food/Cake can be had at the Loch End Cafe or Loch Leven Larder which I think will be between 25-30 mile mark.
  • Start Time - 9am
The 3 key rules of CC Ecosse Forum Rides will apply:
  • NO ONE gets left behind
  • ANY BIKE will do:bicycle:
  • There WILL BE CAKE:hungry:
Who's in?

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Hmmm - interesting and good on you @Col5632 for organising a ride. :bravo:

I do wonder, though, whom are you thinking will come ?
  • 72km is a long ride for
    • New people
    • those who have not been commuting/ riding all winter
    • us older more mature chaps and chapesses
  • It is still very early in the 'season' and ice could be a significant factor up Cleish hill
I know we will have had a social meet 3 weeks before and it's good to get riding together again, so I suggest that a flatter 50km** might attract more of the newer and currently less fit of us !

**or at least an option for a shorter route ? (please ? :smile:)

OP
OP
Col5632

Col5632

Guru
Maybe we could just have a pleasant cycle round loch leven from dunfermline, get food and head back? That would rule out cleish and knockhill :okay:

Edit: Something like THIS but from Dunfermline and not Cowdenbeath

Louch

105% knowledge on 105
Not to go against cc eccose community ethos, but not every ride will be for everyone. Would rate this a medium/ hard route as has two large hills and a lot of wind exposure.

I did it as a beginner and had a very tough day on the bike. ( cycling 22 miles to the start didn't help much )

OP
OP
Col5632

Col5632

Guru
Depending on who would like to come will depend on what route we do, most rides tend to be around the 40 mile mark these days lol :smile:

Put me down as a 'maybe'. I've only been out once on the bike since November, but hopefully will be back on track by then! :bicycle:

tug benson

Survived the Tour O the borders 2013
Not to go against cc eccose community ethos, but not every ride will be for everyone. Would rate this a medium/ hard route as has two large hills and a lot of wind exposure.

I did it as a beginner and had a very tough day on the bike. ( cycling 22 miles to the start didn't help much )
Are you still crying about that day???

:laugh:

Top Bottom