Scotland : Kingdom of Fife CC Ecosse (Fife) Ride - Saturday 20th February

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Col5632

Col5632

Guru
If tradition of this ride is anything to go by it will be windy and cold :sad:

ska1903

Über Member
I am now a doubtful as Wiggle have my only set of wheels for warranty.

Fingers crossed they get their finger out their proverbial and I get them back beforehand!!

OP
OP
Col5632

Col5632

Guru
I keep thinking riding to start and back home is do able......might regret that

You have done it before with prob less fitness than you have now :okay:

DougieAB

Getting the messages
Why do I always have last minute problems just before a ride. Changes my rear cassette and chain as it was starting to slip due to wear. Noticed the gear cable was frayed where it routes below the bottom bracket so replaced that. The rear derailleur adjustment has been jammed solid for a while now so no way of adjusting the new cable properly. Bit of a mistake to take a pair of pliers to it to 'encourage' the adjuster to move as I managed to snap it. New derailleur from Decathlon yesterday but the original does not want to release. Not easy to exert much pressure as it is an allen head bolt. Try again tonight (now that it has had a spray of lube) with a wrench fitted with an allen head screwdriver bit fitted to it. Can always use the road bike at the weekend if I am unsuccessful. :banghead:

I think it's a bit far for me - I did the FCRC 35 mile reliability ride at the weekend and blew up in great style at 20 miles!!
Not trying to change the route as I'm not sure I could make it - but just so you know I'm lurking about these rides and maybe see you later in the year!!

OP
OP
Col5632

Col5632

Guru
I think it's a bit far for me - I did the FCRC 35 mile reliability ride at the weekend and blew up in great style at 20 miles!!
Not trying to change the route as I'm not sure I could make it - but just so you know I'm lurking about these rides and maybe see you later in the year!!

Maybe post up a ride you would like to do and see who can make it?

Top Bottom