Scotland : The Highlands CC Ecosse Lochs and Glens Tour #CONFIRMED#

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I've taken a moment out of my busy evening chasing a giant moth out of the house to produce the following two items:
http://ridewithgps.com/routes/9451611
http://ridewithgps.com/routes/9451642
:whistle:

It is possible that my mental image of the off-road route is heavily tainted by the fact that I was pretty new to cycling any kind of distance and was on my first "epic trek", but I did it on the same MTB that subsequently did JoGLE and there was nothing comparable to it on JoGLE :okay:

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
What is the difference between the second route and the NCR7 as on the Sustrains map?

OP
OP
Fubar

Fubar

Guru
Took a wee ride out to Callander today, here is a pic of the 1st night hostel - looks ok!

image.jpg

Pat "5mph"

Nothing afaik. I used the "cycle path" overlay on ridewithgps, and it matches up with how I remember it
Ok, @flyingfifi and I have decided to take the train to Dunblane on the 3rd, do Dunblane-Balloch or Glasgow, see how we feel, and do the forestry bit in reverse, a la @Telemark.
We shall report after the deed is done :biggrin:
On the day, if you catch up with us :whistle: you may show us the alternative way (dukes pass?) :notworthy:

Pat "5mph"

Took a wee ride out to Callander today, here is a pic of the 1st night hostel - looks ok!

View attachment 97624
So, you're riding it from home on the day?
It's not only me and Fiona that had the scouting idea then? :laugh:

OP
OP
Fubar

Fubar

Guru
Ok, @flyingfifi and I have decided to take the train to Dunblane on the 3rd, do Dunblane-Balloch or Glasgow, see how we feel, and do the forestry bit in reverse, a la @Telemark.
We shall report after the deed is done :biggrin:
On the day, if you catch up with us :whistle: you may show us the alternative way (dukes pass?) :notworthy:

Yeah I wanted to suss out an alternative to the A84 - found a nice back road to Callander from Doune.

OP
OP
Fubar

Fubar

Guru
@Scoosh @DougieAB I found a nice wee back road into Callander on Saturday that avoids the A84 (apart for 1/4 mile at Doune):

https://connect.garmin.com/activity/843950951

If we turn left in Doune and at the bridge take a right to Deanston and follow the B8032 it takes you to just outside Callander. Nice, quiet and scenic.

There is also Cycle Route 76 from Clacks to Stirling - I didn't use it yesterday but I think it would keep us off the busier routes until Causwayside - after that there is a small bump up and over to Doune.

Junior Fu and I will probably take the cycle path from Dunfermline to Clacks so you are welcome to join us there or meet up in Stirling? I may give her the option of a lunch stop at Corrieries Cafe, under the Wallace Monument. Be warned, we will be slow! I'm not going to push her.

Top Bottom