Scotland : The Highlands CC Ecosse Lochs and Glens Tour #CONFIRMED#

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Fubar

Fubar

Guru
We work in 3 week "sprints". We book leave on a per-sprint basis. :boxing:

All sounds very new-fangled and complicated - I fill in a sheet and leave it on my boss's chair... :blush:

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
@Scoosh @DougieAB I found a nice wee back road into Callander on Saturday that avoids the A84 (apart for 1/4 mile at Doune):

https://connect.garmin.com/activity/843950951

If we turn left in Doune and at the bridge take a right to Deanston and follow the B8032 it takes you to just outside Callander. Nice, quiet and scenic.

There is also Cycle Route 76 from Clacks to Stirling - I didn't use it yesterday but I think it would keep us off the busier routes until Causwayside - after that there is a small bump up and over to Doune.

Junior Fu and I will probably take the cycle path from Dunfermline to Clacks so you are welcome to join us there or meet up in Stirling? I may give her the option of a lunch stop at Corrieries Cafe, under the Wallace Monument. Be warned, we will be slow! I'm not going to push her.
Looks good, OMIL ! :notworthy:

I had looked at the options of going south of the river to Stirling, then either via Gargunnock and that way or north of the river ... then, when you posted that you would be going from Dunfermline, I thought it would easier and friendlier to ride together - it is a Tour, after all ! ^_^ :hugs:

We can decide nearer the time but it's about 1:30 from here to the start of the Alloa cycle path, so could either meet there - or let you go and we'll chase you down ! :sweat:

Any estimate how long for your ride from home to Callander ?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Fubar

Fubar

Guru
Looks good, OMIL ! :notworthy:

I had looked at the options of going south of the river to Stirling, then either via Gargunnock and that way or north of the river ... then, when you posted that you would be going from Dunfermline, I thought it would easier and friendlier to ride together - it is a Tour, after all ! ^_^ :hugs:

We can decide nearer the time but it's about 1:30 from here to the start of the Alloa cycle path, so could either meet there - or let you go and we'll chase you down ! :sweat:

Any estimate how long for your ride from home to Callander ?

I was just over 2:30 from Dunfermline to Callander on Saturday, so would add another hour at least onto that - guessing we will average around 10mph, so probably 4 hours in total. I'm happy either way just always wary of holding anyone up, hence the idea of meeting at Corrieries.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
It's baltic here, need to rethink my tour gear.
This is going to be wetter than last year :rain:
I presume further up north is even colder :cold:

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Want to borrow my leg warmers...? :tongue:
Rather borrow your legs for the hills :laugh:

Top Bottom