Scotland : Perthshire CC Ecosse - October 18th - Around the Tay in 90k

Which date do you prefer?

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GBC

Veteran
Glad to hear you enjoyed the spiky Carradale road!

As for parking, it seems that there are some options, but few seem to be free.
http://en.parkopedia.co.uk/parking/perth_and_kinross_perth/

Thanks @Edwardoka, with that, along with Mark's suggestion, I'll certainly get something:smile:

Fubar

Guru
Sir,

Never mind the glasses, where did you put your idiom?

Oh yes... ahem... harrump... My Dearest Edmund, I am most looking forward to your little expedition on Saturday - my breeches are already hitched into my stockings, I have a flat cap and goggles set aside, a large banana in my pocket and my man Hands is poised with some lube to ensure all my moving parts are well oiled!

May is respectfully suggest as expedition leader you share (by private message) telegram contact details with the men in the event of emergencies? God knows, the risks of being eaten by bears, wolves and/or children in the Kingdom alone grows by the hour - heaven help me once I cross the plateau of Glenfarg and head into the wilderness of Perthshire!

Yours in cycling, Lord Bertrand Brekenwind

OP
OP
E

Edwardoka

Lord Bertimus Bertholomew Bertha Bertrand,

My lord Edgar is busy hunting out on the moors. However he has assured me that he has already penned such a missive and will send it on his return.

Yours respectfully,
Errol R Errolthwaite
Chief Butler to Lord Edgar Pugglesworth

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
I suspect the missive may have been sent using the private messenger pigeon service. Is there a possibility that our dear friend Bertrand may have accidentally shot the messenger, as sometimes they are confused with grouse

:laugh:
T

Fubar

Guru
Lord Bertimus Bertholomew Bertha Bertrand,

My lord Edgar is busy hunting out on the moors. However he has assured me that he has already penned such a missive and will send it on his return.

Yours respectfully,
Errol R Errolthwaite
Chief Butler to Lord Edgar Pugglesworth

I suspect the missive may have been sent using the private messenger pigeon service. Is there a possibility that our dear friend Bertrand may have accidentally shot the messenger, as sometimes they are confused with grouse

:laugh:
T

I am enraged! If Edmund Pugglesworth instructs his butler (chief or otherwise) to do his bidding in my direction again I'll despatch my gamekeeper and his blunderbuss and Master Pugglesworth with find himself high-tailing it back to The Carse with a backside full of shot! The bare-faced bally cheek of the man!! Sort yourself out Pugglesworth!

LORD Bertrand Brekenwind

dhd.evans

Veteran
Looking forward to this one - you will know me by the colour of my top (it's Ironman!) and the whiteness of my 105ban 3 (or, as they're commonly known, Triban 3).

I'm taking in the Fife section prior to joining you lot at Perth so aiming to get on my steed at 0800hrs tomorrow to set off.

Fubar

Guru
Looking forward to this one - you will know me by the colour of my top (it's Ironman!) and the whiteness of my 105ban 3 (or, as they're commonly known, Triban 3).

I'm taking in the Fife section prior to joining you lot at Perth so aiming to get on my steed at 0800hrs tomorrow to set off.

Ironman?!? You don't sound like a normal CC Ecosse Rider...

Might see you at some point, I'm aiming to leave Dunfermline at 8 heading for the RV in Perth - depending when I get there might stop at Asda for some food.

OP
OP
E

Edwardoka

I am enraged! If Edmund Pugglesworth instructs his butler (chief or otherwise) to do his bidding in my direction again I'll despatch my gamekeeper and his blunderbuss and Master Pugglesworth with find himself high-tailing it back to The Carse with a backside full of shot! The bare-faced bally cheek of the man!! Sort yourself out Pugglesworth!

LORD Bertrand Brekenwind
Bertie you trollop, your gamekeeper couldn't hit the side of a barn at 10 paces with his blunderbuss, I OPENLY CHORTLE at your feeble threats.
You are like those balloons you love gallivanting away on - full of hot air.

Errol was under my strict instructions. In any case, yes, my hunting trip was mostly successful, hurrah! Wild boar for the next week!

Regarding aforementioned epistle de moi, I have dispatched my flying monkeys with it to the four corners of Caledonia, hopefully you will all have received it.

I will certainly be going to Wm. Morrisons or another reputable grocer ere the 10am start, does anyone have any preference for a pre-ride supply run? Asda seems quite far from the meeting point.

Yours,
Regretfully not riding in tweed

Edgar

MikeW-71

Veteran
Edmund

It is with much regret that I have been unable to secure leave from my employment to partake of your most excellent route. My esteemed colleague young Andrew developed a most regrettable light-fingered affliction, as a result of which the workhouse Manager saw fit to cast him out.

This has left me in somewhat of a pickle, having to perform the tasks of two men, and the temporary withdrawal of any chance of a weekends leave for the foreseeable future until a suitable new employee can be found. New candidates are being interrogated by the Master as I write.

Please accept my fondest wishes for your expedition.

Mike

Fubar

Guru
Bertie you trollop, your gamekeeper couldn't hit the side of a barn at 10 paces with his blunderbuss, I OPENLY CHORTLE at your feeble threats.
You are like those balloons you love gallivanting away on - full of hot air.

Errol was under my strict instructions. In any case, yes, my hunting trip was mostly successful, hurrah! Wild boar for the next week!

Regarding aforementioned epistle de moi, I have dispatched my flying monkeys with it to the four corners of Caledonia, hopefully you will all have received it.

I will certainly be going to Wm. Morrisons or another reputable grocer ere the 10am start, does anyone have any preference for a pre-ride supply run? Asda seems quite far from the meeting point.

Yours,
Regretfully not riding in tweed

Edgar

How dare you criticise Gamie Darling, why only last month the man disturbed an intruder on my land and hit him for six with a swift blast from his 2-bore - why do you think we haven't seen @Col5632 for so long??

My suggestion of a 2nd breakfast at the Associated Dairies was based on nothing more than my limited local knowledge, should you be aware of a better frier of eggs then you will be required to direct me thus - I am not a reader of minds, Young Edmund.

OP
OP
E

Edwardoka

Gentlemen, ladies, and Bertie! I bring potentially problematic news!

A renegade separatist group that calls itself "The 45" is organising a rally in Perth tomorrow between 1pm and 4pm!
Will anyone be travelling by rail to the start?

dhd.evans

Veteran
Gentlemen, ladies, and Bertie! I bring potentially problematic news!

A renegade separatist group that calls itself "The 45" is organising a rally in Perth tomorrow between 1pm and 4pm!
Will anyone be travelling by rail to the start?

Egads, the bounders!

Nay, i travel by velocipede the 'morrow, but i understand that those taking Stevenson's rocket my fall foul of this renegade party of ruffians.

tug benson

Survived the Tour O the borders 2013
I should have come on last week to say i can't make this ride..i haven't been on the bikes for over 3 weeks now...we have also just got a 14 week old puppy and i can't leave him, i would have made it with poor fitness and you lot would have pulled me around this route but i can't leave a 14 week old puppy alone for that length of time

enjoy your ride folks...I'll see you when the sun comes back out

Top Bottom