CC Ecosse Pedal for Cake Ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
M

magnatom

I'm on holiday that week so won't be attending unfortunately! Fortunately I am taking my bike on holiday though!
biggrin.gif

:sad: Still, you can do a 100 miler at the same time, and I could forward some cake on to you....:smile:

MrRidley

I maybe tempted along, to suck a wheel or two :whistle:

HLaB, if you get a chance could you map that? It's always good to look at it in the flesh, and it would let everyone gauge the hills.

This is that Kilsyth to Cramond option; according to Map my ride its pretty flat (between Wattston and Cramond it certainly is, Skoosh can vouch for that and they are nice quiet roads) . There looks to be a slight climb from Kilsyth to Riggend (125-640ft) but map my ride says thats only around 2% and its mostly downhill or flat after that.

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
Just tell your visitor they'd be meeting the great Magnatom! :thumbsup:

You could always just do 50 miles. Is your visitor a cyclist?

Well, he did join the forum, briefly, and posted in this thread, so he might be interested in getting some climbing lessons from the mighty Magnatom ...

If he is not too jet lagged. ;)

JiMBR

I would really like to crack the hundred mile barrier and this sounds like a good opportunity to do it.

However, it's 2 days before I go away on holiday so I'll need to give it some thought.

:blush:

OP
OP
M

magnatom

I would really like to crack the hundred mile barrier and this sounds like a good opportunity to do it.

However, it's 2 days before I go away on holiday so I'll need to give it some thought.

:blush:

What better way to start your holiday than to have achieved your first 100. You'd be able to go on and on and on about your achievement for the whole holiday! :biggrin:

OP
OP
M

magnatom

Well, he did join the forum, briefly, and posted in this thread, so he might be interested in getting some climbing lessons from the mighty Magnatom ...

If he is not too jet lagged. ;)

Ah, this is the chap who did the Otztaler?! Would he be more interested in taking part if we do a few loops of Crow Road and Tak Ma Doon! :biggrin:

Ah, this is the chap who did the Otztaler?! Would he be more interested in taking part if we do a few loops of Crow Road and Tak Ma Doon! :biggrin:

Only if you do the circuit 10 20 30 times and divert the route by the Borders, it'll only add another 300 or 400 miles ;)

OP
OP
M

magnatom

Can those of us (just) south of the border join in?
biggrin.gif

I keep meaning to look at CC Ecosse rides as your a couple hundred miles closer than the FNRttCs

Aha, an infiltrator from the south....;)

Of course you can join in. You won't be the first Englishman either (and my wife is English too!). How are you going to do this logistically?

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
mcshroom

:welcome: It would be fun if you could make it :biggrin:, the more the merrier! :bicycle: :bicycle: :bicycle: :bicycle: :bicycle: :bicycle: :bicycle: :bicycle: :bicycle: ... :hungry:
Not all of us are Scots (or English for that matter ;) ), the natives are a welcoming lot.

T

Top Bottom