CC Ecosse Pedal for Cake Ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
M

magnatom

If we went up the Tak Ma Doon along by the Carron Valley Reservoir and down the Crow Road it'd be all downhill to Torrance isn't it ;)

Nearly! There are a couple of short sharp climbs, that having taken in the delights of the Campsies beforehand are killers on the legs. :wacko:

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
15 mph AVERAGE :ohmy: into a strong westerly :huh: .
I'll have to ask Mrs Mag to hide some brownies for me, otherwise they are like to have been scoffed by the time I arrive ...:biggrin:

T

mcshroom

Bionic Subsonic
How long would it take to get from Central Station to Bishopbriggs? I've got an option of a train getting in at 9:13 but I think it may be a little late to meet you at 9:30

OP
OP
M

magnatom

How long would it take to get from Central Station to Bishopbriggs? I've got an option of a train getting in at 9:13 but I think it may be a little late to meet you at 9:30

It's almost possible. You'd have to get from Central to Queen street in 5 minutes to catch the 9:18 train which would get you to Bishopbriggs for 9:23 (it's quick on the train). It is possible to walk/run/cycle between Central to QS in 5 minutes, but it is very tight!

The other problem is we might be starting earlier than the previously quoted 9:30am. Otherwise our eastern friends would be getting home quite late (and in the dark).

Had I not had my in-laws up staying with us that weekend (and helping with the baking!!) then I'd offer a bed for the night before if that suited. Unfortunately our house will be bursting with 4 adults and three kids! :ohmy::smile:

Any other options, as it would be good to have you here?

OP
OP
M

magnatom

15 mph AVERAGE :ohmy: into a strong westerly :huh: .
I'll have to ask Mrs Mag to hide some brownies for me, otherwise they are like to have been scoffed by the time I arrive ...:biggrin:

T

Och your more than capable of that! Anyway there was some spare time for Lantern Rouges! :tongue::smile:

If we do start at our end at 8:30am then it would give more pootling time!

OP
OP
M

magnatom

Right guys, now that the August ride is out of the way (and some might be glad of that! :ohmy:), we need to get the organisation sorted for PfC. We need a roll call, i.e. who is up for it? We need a start time from Bishopbriggs station (or Torrance), 8:30am has been suggested due to time constraints later on. Is this reasonable?

So who will be joining me from Glasgow ish) and who will be coming back the way from Edinburgh? (and who will be cycling back to Edinburgh, and who will be wimping out on the train!? :smile:)

HonestMan1910

Über Member
Unable to make this day now, same day as Leuchars airshow and my nephews birthday, going their with nephew and family for a day out.

Have fun guys and don't eat too many cakes.

MrRidley

I'm out as i've just discovered/remembered that it's my daughter's birthday on the 11th, and i've been informed that i'm going bowling instead :hello: have fun.

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
I'll provide the catering at the eastern end ...
and reserve judgement about how far I cycle afterwards :whistle:

We might need some control points if anybody wants to join in part-way through one of the legs, or just for a short ride and chat along a section? How about suggesting rough through-times for a couple of places on both legs, so prospective part-timers can work out if it they can join in? Can we put Mag in charge of collecting mobile numbers, or will he leave his phone at home on the day? :tongue:

T

scook94

Veteran
I'm hoping to do this one, but I'll not be 100% sure until nearer the time. Logistically it's easier for me to start from the Glasgow side. 8:30 should be fine, depending on the start point.

Top Bottom