Scotland : Perthshire CC Ecosse RV ride to see @satnav! Saturday 10 Oct, 12-1 RV Time

Which day preferred?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Fubar

Fubar

Guru
Yes, I think so ... :whistle:

IF you are may I please request a space? Y'know, for a fellow Audaxer... ;) :tongue:

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Yes, I think so ... :whistle:
... you might ... :wacko:

The only main niggle is the RWC that day. Scotland/ Samoa, which could be kind of critical for us ... :unsure:

Fellow Audaxer ? :ohmy: I've only done 100k of audax in the last couple of years, so more 'Former audaxer' here :sad: ... but you might have some tales to tell .. :huh:

well set out as an when we have worked out what time people are turning up for those who are coming by train - they will more or less dictate the timings because of the limited number of trains (west line in particular, though I have to confess to not knowing the east line timetable). Then there will be cakes and drinks... then I suspect we will set out, stop half way round for cake/drinks and/or picnic lunch depending on weather and when we set out, then I suspect there will be more cake/drinks at the end and people leaving as and when they need to.... I think it will be a rather informal affair.

There is a mobile phone signal for vodaphone and O2 at the cottage, so we will be contactable.. I will post up a number in the PM... I think my OH's vodaphone gets a better signal in the actual house than my phone though, so may have to post up the 2, but I will confirm once we have arrived. We do have mobile broadband there so it is not too bad... that's on 3 if I take an USB extension lead to hang the dongle in a certain location. The signal is OK on the north shore, but almost non-existent to non-existent on the south shore, so its not like you won't be able to get hold of us some of the time... :whistle: and tbh the loch is only 24 miles in a circuit and pretty flat. I used to be able to do it in under 2 hours without stopping, so finding me won't be hard if you arrive and we have set out...

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
There's no O2 mobile signal at KinlochRannoch either ... as I discovered when I needed to let Mrs Scoosh know which way round the loch I was going, so we could meet for our picnic ... :ohmy: Fortunately she arrived 10 mins later. :heat:

OP
OP
Fubar

Fubar

Guru
... you might ... :wacko:

The only main niggle is the RWC that day. Scotland/ Samoa, which could be kind of critical for us ... :unsure:

Fellow Audaxer ? :ohmy: I've only done 100k of audax in the last couple of years, so more 'Former audaxer' here :sad: ... but you might have some tales to tell .. :huh:

Ach, it's a 2:30 kick off - fire up, cake, round loch, cake, back to SatNav's, cake, rugby, cake...

ALTERNATIVELY, I can get a train from Kirkcaldy at either 9 or 11 with no changes that takes about an hour. You can let me/us know what you decide.

OP
OP
Fubar

Fubar

Guru
@Pat "5mph" @Harry_Palmer79 @Brandane @Bobby Mhor - when are your train(s) likely to arrive from the West?

Top Bottom