Scotland : Perthshire CC Ecosse RV ride to see @satnav! Saturday 10 Oct, 12-1 RV Time

Which day preferred?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Fubar

Fubar

Guru
Ha ha - check out my heart rate from the stop at Kinloch Rannoch at 3:16 to getting to Blair Atholl to catch the train!
upload_2015-10-13_15-36-14.png

You should have been here today. My ride today and the 10 photo upload limit is going to be a problem! We set out with the fog just starting to lift. It had rolled in as dawn started. We knew it was lifting because we had started to see colour. We cycled out of it a mile into the ride and it was crystal clear skies, totally calm loch, mill pond calm, blue skies with the fog as a finger along the loch and no more than 50-100m high. We climbed up onto Rannoch Moor in blue skies and it too warm for 2 layers. I ended up with no gloves on at all and I have caught the sun! Coming back down from the station was fantastic, the stags rutting calls echoing all around. We went off and did another circuit of the loch making our route 34 miles long. It started to cloud over late on, but it is still totally calm so the loch reflections are still there and with the layers in the cloud the sun is filtering through and catching some of the autumn colours on the other side of the loch. Saturday was good, yesterday was great, today has been amazing! It can rain fit the entire rest of the holiday it it wants to now and we won't care! I must have taken over a hundred photos if I have taken one!

Oh and Blue saw me coming in the distance today and got very excited coming over to say hello of his own accord and was more than happy to let me stroke him which is wonderful progress.

OP
OP
Fubar

Fubar

Guru
@SatNavSaysStraightOn @Pat "5mph" Here is a wee update: remember my train got diverted to Edinburgh because of some problem on the line (probably caused by Pat's train hitting a coo)? Well I went to Scotrails' "Delay Repay" site and entered my details and they have refunded me half the ticket price :wahhey: which is fair as I wasn't delayed on the way up and in truth I was only about 30 minutes late home.

If you still have your tickets Pat it would be worth applying, you need to scan in a copy.

So where do I go with my refund???

Top Bottom