Scotland : Glasgow & Clyde Valley CC Ecosse Three Ferries Saturday 21st March

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Col5632

Col5632

Guru
Just arrived at Wemyss Bay, loading with greasy carbs at the cafe in the train station (if others are at the posh one, see you shortly!).
The sun's out and not much wind .

I couldn't find anywhere to park near the station so I'm about 2 miles down the road, hope to see you all soon :smile:

Got up early, so I'm at the ferry terminal in Gourock... no idea if I've nicked @Rasmus kom, but I'd say it's unlikely! Cracking day for it! ;-)

Got up early, so I'm at the ferry terminal in Gourock... no idea if I've nicked @Rasmus kom, but I'd say it's unlikely! Cracking day for it! ;-)
I just rode from Glasgow, got to the gourock terminal with 6 minutes to spare. No sign of any other bikes :S

Concur, lovely ride. (Apart from the tosser in the bmw who nearly took me out. I had great fun filtering past him in traffic)

MikeW-71

Veteran
I`m back home too, a great day out spoiled only by a broken chain. That resulted in me holding the group up for half an hour while I bodged it back together again minus 3 links!

I completely failed the Loch Striven climb this time, it just wasn`t happening lol Not enough good winter miles I suspect :smile:

It was great to finally meet you @Brandane, we've been like ships in the night until now :biggrin:

That's me back after @Somebuddy and I braved the horrid main road from Wemyss Bay, and then got lost trying to find a mythical cycle path, ending up in a housing estate before giving up and braving the main road again :surrender:

I'll echo what you said above, it was a fantastic day with weather far better than we could have hoped for at this time of year. Or in fact any time of year in the west of Scotland.
That road is absolutely phenomenal; magnificent. Easily one of the finest roads I've ever ridden.

When's the next one? ^_^:bicycle:

Last edited:
OP
OP
Col5632

Col5632

Guru
What a day, that road is easily one of the best ive ever been on, that climb is one hell of a climb, just when you think its over it ramps up again to another 20% atleast :heat:

Top Bottom