England : Greater Manchester CC Manchester Velodrome: 13th April 10am -12pm

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
longers

longers

Legendary Member
I know it's been mentioned somewhere in the thread, but how much cash do we need to bring? Excluding food as I'm making a pack up :smile:
Have you not set off yet?

Fag packet calculations = about £32

- £17 for bike
- £4.80 for shoes
approx £10 for track hire.

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod

- £17 for bike
- £4.80 for shoes

Ta star!

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Looking at my kit vs my lads.... me is going over dressed,.. he has MTB shorts, trainers, two tops gloves and mitts.

Me its bib shorts, bib tights, club socks, base layer, club top, mits, skull cap, gloves, base.

Shoes ... argh..

SimonJKH

Blue collar cyclist

- £17 for bike
- £4.80 for shoes
Bargain! :thumbsup:

For the new folk, really don't get put off by the height. Have a play with the gradients. Attack the corners, go in high, come out low, you get a right speed boost. Also don't try leg braking as the coach will shout at you. It's not something to try if you aren't used to it, and even then you get shouted at. Just roll to a stop.

Us fixed riders can try it but we get a rollocking. It's not good for your knees and muscles.

Never pass someone on the inside, always go over and around. It's also bloody hard to pass someone over as the track is significantly longer the higher you go. In racing its a ban going under someone, so you realise how hard it is to pass on a corner as it's a fair few meters longer.

Some good advice there. I'll try and remember it!

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
Right leaving shortly to pick up the Ipswich posse, see you all later

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Many thanks Longers. Great turnout of 28 of us.

Hmm my lad is now sold on clipless pedals. Looks like the MTB will be getting them. He wants to go back soon.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Just woke up. How did it go? I would have loved to have joined you so looking forward to some of the reports. (X2 on the clipless pedals Fossy, My lad wants some after his visits last week :thumbsup:)

U

User33236

Thank you Longers for organising this morning. Mrs SG and I both had a great time.

Top Bottom