England : Greater Manchester CC Manchester Velodrome: 13th April 10am -12pm

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

FrankW

I have my own bike and kit. Also got some look deltas if anyone wants them.

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
I might do-now this might seem a silly question but can you wheel road bikes into the centre of the track for safekeeping?
I have seen road bikes in there when I have been before, but they may be staff members bikes. The web site says you need to lock them in the sheds outside reception with your own lock. Not sure I fancy that in that area. Wonder if @FrankW or @Edwards80 know?

FrankW

I've seen people take their bikes through into the track centre though never done it myself. There's also a bike rack just inside the "controlled" door which people use. I will be driving in as I will be taking my bike. You are welcome to lock your bike in the back of my van if you want.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Good job I checked in again, I'd put it in the calendar for the end of the month - it's next week !!

I've taken my bikes through to the track centre before, although that was before the new posh entrance.

400bhp

Guru
@longers, is there room for another one or are we at full capacity?

OP
OP
longers

longers

Legendary Member
@longers, is there room for another one or are we at full capacity?
Yep, there's space - we've got 28 riders at the moment with room for one more first timer.

I've never had a problem taking a real bike into the centre. It might be frowned upon but no-ones had a grumble, yet.

Last edited:

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
I've seen people take their bikes through into the track centre though never done it myself. There's also a bike rack just inside the "controlled" door which people use. I will be driving in as I will be taking my bike. You are welcome to lock your bike in the back of my van if you want.
Cheers Frank, will try to take it into the centre, if not might have to take you up on the kind loan of the van.

400bhp

Guru
Put me down for another then:thumbsup:

58cm frame and size 11 shoes.

Name: Mark Cliff

Last edited:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Guys, not sure we can make it. My son is being re-admitted to hospital as he's kicking off about taking his medication, and hasn't had any today. We've had a few wobbles the last few days where he has missed it/taken hours.

He's been very tired in the mornings (typical teenager won't go to bed) so he'd be a liability unless he shaped himself over this week - if he was knackered like today, he'd end up stacking it.

@longers I'll pay for our share of track hire, no problems, as if too many drop out it get's expensive - so just let me know on the day and I'll add our share is and bank transfer/paypal it to you.

Got to dash - off to hospital !!!

Top Bottom