CC Server back online

Shaun

Founder
You may notice a lack of new posts this morning, that's because the CycleChat server was unexpectedly shut down last night at 10pm.

It appears the bracket holding the fan over the CPU snapped, causing the server to overheat and fail.

An engineer replaced the bracket and fan this morning and the server is now running 40 degrees cooler and up and running again.

There doesn't appear to be any damage to the file system, or indeed to the data for the various sites I host, so it looks as if things are back to normal.

Just thought I'd let you all know.

Cheers,
Shaun

Danny

Legendary Member
Thanks for the informative update.

domtyler

Über Member
Thanks mate, when the site goes down (this is the first time I think) it makes you realise how much you value this excellent service you provide for free! :evil::biggrin::biggrin:

domtyler said:
Thanks mate, when the site goes down (this is the first time I think) it makes you realise how much you value this excellent service you provide for free! :evil::biggrin::biggrin:

Sssshhhhh! He'll start charging us if you say things like that!

col

Legendary Member
I did wonder when i tried to look in, in the early hours,i was still painting the front room.

Panter

Just call me Chris...
Have been breathing into a paper bag to try and lessen the panic.....

You too?

:blush:

OP
OP
Shaun

Shaun

Founder
Yes, there was a glitch yesterday afternoon ... Apache (the web server bit for all you non-techies) had locked-up. I did a remote power-cycle of the server and it seemed to cure it.

Cheers,
Shaun

Admin said:
Yes, there was a glitch yesterday afternoon ... Apache (the web server bit for all you non-techies) had locked-up. I did a remote power-cycle of the server and it seemed to cure it.

Cheers,
Shaun

I thought it was that.... What you said, Shaun.... No really I did :sad:

Top Bottom