Giant OCR 4 - Chain set and front fork help

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

emac1ennan

So for phase 2.

I'm going to need a new chain and cog what's a good intro recommendation. Apparently my bike is a 7 speed?

Also same question for front fork there is s minimal bend in it but also quite chippy so think I'd like to just change it now

Thanks guys

vickster

Legendary Member
What's the bike?

If you're changing the front wheel why not go all the way and buy a set? matching new wheels, new chain, new cassette/cog... but it could get expensive. If the fork is chipped but otherwise okay I'd leave it for another time and go for the wheels. Someone who actually knows what they're talking about will probably be along shortly to advise you on the bits you need.:blush:

Does it have the same number of teeth as the one its replacing? And this one is a screw-on, presumably the same fitting as the one that's on there? You'll need the proper freewheel remover, too, to remove yours.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Someone who actually knows what they're talking about will probably be along shortly to advise you on the bits you need.:blush:

On a similar note, if the OP is changing wheels, would it be a good time to go to a freehub cassette?

Freehubs are much better than freewheels, so I'm told.

Though if you do change up from 7 speed to an 8- or more-speed freehub then you'll have to change your gear shifters too and that could get expensive.

(I've got a pair of 9 speed Sora shifters you can have for a reasonable price if you PM me.)

BB

Top Bottom