Changing rims / tyres

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fonduset

Hello all. I'm new to the forums so go easy on my.

I recently purchased a Giant Revolt 3 2015 hybrid bike. I like the road bike style handle bars and it's a fairly light frame.

As i am getting more and more into cycling and increasing my mileage, i am starting to consider replacing the mountain bike style tyres that the bike comes with. 700x35 are the dimensions. Is it as easy as buying some road bike style tyres and straight up replacing or am i being very naive?

Any advice as to how i approach this from rims to tyres would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Yup, a simple as that. You can change for some slicker ones, and could probably get away with 28c (that's the width) - 70c is the wheel size.

OP
OP
F

Fonduset

Yup, a simple as that. You can change for some slicker ones, and could probably get away with 28c (that's the width) - 70c is the wheel size.

Fossyant,

Thank you very much for the swift reply. I'm lookong forward to learning alot more through these forums

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Course you can change tyres. What type of tread do you have now. If it's knobbly like an MTB, then yes a slick tyre will make you faster. If it's a bit like a car tyre, and smoother, then a road tyre will be quicker, but you might not be able to do stuff like tracks very well.

If you are all road, then a slick tyre is the way to go.

OP
OP
F

Fonduset

Course you can change tyres. What type of tread do you have now. If it's knobbly like an MTB, then yes a slick tyre will make you faster. If it's a bit like a car tyre, and smoother, then a road tyre will be quicker, but you might not be able to do stuff like tracks very well.

If you are all road, then a slick tyre is the way to go.

Fossyant,

Yes the bike came with MTB style tyres but a bit thinner. I'm cycling all road unless i decide to go on the Leeds canal path which the tyre i have now is pretty good. so for the majority of my riding i am looking for a slick tyre. If i can get some 28c road tyres on what I already have, that would be spot on.

Top Bottom