Scotland : Argyll, Isles & Loch Lomond Chat for CC Ecosse Islay Cycle Tour 2014

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
That sounds like an excellent plan, thanks again for all your efforts! :thumbsup:
In my mind I'm going (so very excited :hyper:), most hurdles sorted, just have to try not to get ahead of myself :blush::rolleyes:.

T

Col5632

Guru
Gutted I can't go, hopefully my monies change between now and then :cry:

Brandane

Legendary Member
OK, I've been lurking on this thread long enough. Until a few days ago I was a weekend worker, but I have now negotiated something more flexible. Which seems fair, given that I am supposedly self employed (long boring story).
Bottom line is, I should be able to attend this ride, and hopefully some others too.
So how much is it, and how do we get the cash to you @Fubar ?

Edit: If I haven't missed the deadline!

OP
OP
Fubar

Fubar

Guru
OK, I've been lurking on this thread long enough. Until a few days ago I was a weekend worker, but I have now negotiated something more flexible. Which seems fair, given that I am supposedly self employed (long boring story).
Bottom line is, I should be able to attend this ride, and hopefully some others too.

Hi! I've put in a provisional booking request but should be able to add to that (once I hear back from them) - it's £19 a night each in the youth hostels x 3, then your ferry fares (prices at work but not expensive, I can update you tomorrow), then it's just getting to Ardrossan and your food and beer money. @Telemark and @Pat "5mph" were discussing cheap meals to cook while we're there so all in all a fairly inexpensive weekend.

Let me know how that sounds, I'll post once I hear back from SYHA.

Cheers! Mark :smile:

OP
OP
Fubar

Fubar

Guru
Update over on the main thread here.

OP
OP
Fubar

Fubar

Guru

Hi Brandane I've calculated that the ferries will cost £34.60 in total so £91.60 on accommodation and travel.

OP
OP
Fubar

Fubar

Guru
Tell me when's a good time and I'll pop over and give you the cash in person, it gives me an excuse to go out on the bike (right now I only have excuses for not going out on the bike:rolleyes:)

No worries, once I know everyone is in I'll pay it on the credit card so still gives a bit of leeway before payment is due - we could always organise an RV around a deposit collecting exercise ;)

So just to clarify, both you and Gill are in and happy with the twin/double room costs and arrangements on the main thread?

No worries, once I know everyone is in I'll pay it on the credit card so still gives a bit of leeway before payment is due - we could always organise an RV around a deposit collecting exercise ;)

So just to clarify, both you and Gill are in and happy with the twin/double room costs and arrangements on the main thread?
Aye, definitely in!

Top Bottom