Cheap eBay Tablets - Android not drugs that is.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stephec

Legendary Member
After my daughter's tablet just died she's in the market for a new one.

As she's only 12 I'm not going to fork out for something like a Nexus or Samsung, so I'm looking at the cheap stuff on eBay that won't hurt my wallet as much when she breaks/loses it.

Has anyone ever bought one, and would you recommend it?

Links to any other recommendations are welcome too please?

BrynCP

Über Member
I haven't personally but have seen many horror stories of some of the cheap chinese imports, usually battery and screen problems that render them hard to use.

Some companies like Ebuyer and Overclockers UK sell them with their own brands added, but at least you have some comeback should there be problems.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Cheap isn't always best, and no funny comments. There are plenty of good cheapish tablets ot there that, will give you guarantees. I've heard good things about the hudl from tesco. What does you're daughter want it for. Reading? Emails?

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Now is the perfect time to get the original hudl - very well rated, at the original £120, now available for £79 to clear the shelves for the new version. If you can stretch to it, you'll not find better at anything like the price. (No, I don't own one...just going by what I've read.)

I bought a Hannspree a while ago, after finding all my mates had tablets, now Hannspree is quite a good name in the computer world, but not in the world of tablets, so my guess is you will be disappointed if you buy one of the ebay tablets, so to cut a long story short I eventually got my hands on a Tab S and love the thing....till this morning, me and Eileen went into Tesco and they had a full aisle dedicated to the Hudl 2, so we had a look, that thing is definately as fast as my Samsung, it is nicer to hold with its rubberised finish, ok its not as big a screen as I would like at 8. Summat inch but its definately going to take some sales away from the big boys and the price..... £129

Eileen loves them so much, one will be wrapped up next weekend for her birthday, unless you can afford to buy one of the latest Apple, Samsung tablets...dont bother with the others, get a Hudl2, I wish it was out 2 months ago.

OP
OP
stephec

stephec

Legendary Member
I was looking around about £80 so the original Hudl was my first choice as my lad's already got one.

I've got loads of clubcard points as I use about £300 of diesel a month for work.

Cheers all. :smile:

Lisa21

Mooching.............
I have had 2 cheap ones from Ebay and they have been awful and practically unuseable. I wanted a galaxy as I love my phone, the S4, but after playing with the Hudl 2 last week in Tesco im going for that one instead as it seems just as good.

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
I just bought a refurbished Samsung galaxy tab 3 from Argos on ebay for my 10 year old. You get a 1year warranty. It can download all the apps he seems very happy. Proudly came back from a sleepover and told me the battery lasts much longer than his mates ipad. Compared to the cheap tablet he had before it is great. Iirc it was £80

Top Bottom