----

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
Join a club, any proper club will do regular long rides, We do London to Cambridge 5 or 6 times a year, also a few London to Brighton and many more 100 mile + rides. Just one of fee to join club, Anything from £10.00 a year up £60.00 +.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Well, you posted in the ''CycleChat and Recreational Rides' forum, the title of which is a bit of a hint! :okay:

There are lots of us organising informal rides all over the UK and posting in this forum. Just keep your eyes open for something you fancy and join in.

Ride distances range from less than 25 miles to over 125 miles. Hills from none at all to 'Aaaaaaaaaargh'! Speed from just a bit quicker than a brisk stroll, to pretty high. Numbers of riders from just a few to 50+. Men, women, and the occasional teenager.

About the only area of the UK where you would be out of luck would be the far north of Scotland and the Scottish isles.

Most CC members are based in the UK so rides and tours outside the UK are rarer, though there have been several.

If you can't find a suitable ride then consider organising one yourself!

Anyway, welcome to CycleChat and enjoy your cycling.

The other issue is that a surprising amount of what you pay and raise goes to the organizers and not the charity

Hello all :smile:

I recently bought a road bike (last month!) and have ridden it about 100 miles so far in total.

I was browsing the net and saw the London to Brighton route organised by the British Heart Foundation - something I would love to do if I could afford it.

I noticed the other routes they do as well, all of which look amazing (particularly one in Vietnam!)

Until I can afford to go with them is there an alternative way to do popular/recommended/cool routes in the meantime without having to spend so much? (London to Brighton entry is £100+)

I like the idea of going with a group, sounds like a lot more fun - is there a cheaper way?

I am also open to trying the routes solo, just that, being a bit of a newbie would probably feel safer/more relaxed with a group!

What do you guys think?

Just to add to the advice above, some clubs are free to join and require no subs. Trying googling or asking in local bike shops for any clubs near you. Also, you can create a profile on here and search for group rides near you by clicking 'Find A Ride', no cost to this either I don't think - https://www.goskyride.com/

This is worth a look too, if you fancy trying an event - lots are fairly cheap to enter and they can be a good way make friends with other local cyclists who you can then plan more informal rides with in the future - https://www.britishcycling.org.uk/e...7fXM6MTY6InNhdmUtZmlsdGVyLW5hbWUiO3M6MDoiIjt9

Top Bottom