England : Greater Manchester Chocolate Cafe/East Lancs Railway ride Saturday 22-11-14.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Andrew Br

Andrew Br

Still part of the team !
Will do, I wear a coat all year round :smile:

So where about we meeting up?
http://www.horseandjockeychorlton.com/

It wasn't in the original post but it is now !
Just be aware that this isn't as fast a ride as you would do on your own :stop:

Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Formerly just_fixed
The bit near Philips park has washed out several times. The last time they replaced the path stones with larger gravel and can be a bit 'slippy' as the gravel is quite deep.

Hoping to join you on this, I'll be peeling off at Bury on the way back though.Went along the ncn6 between phillips park and radcliffe last week it is a bit muddy for a couple of km, nothing serious it's mainly rotting leaves on the tarmac they laid,but you will be giving your bike a good wash afterwards!

OP
OP
Andrew Br

Andrew Br

Still part of the team !
I've warned everybody about the chance of getting covered in leaf mulch and mud.
Unlike last year when I rode my heavy as a Dreadnought fully equipped tourer, I'm going to take my Dirty Disco this year.
Whether I fit mudguards, I'll leave until Friday night.

OP
OP
Andrew Br

Andrew Br

Still part of the team !
Roll call:-

Chorlton(CH) Massive:-

CarlA
CathyG
ChristineE
FionaJ
GeoffG
HelenS
KateN
MarkT
PhilB
RobR
ETA:-
DaveL
IanR

YACF:-

adenough
Fruitcake
JayP (+2 ?)

Cyclechat:-

bromptonfb
Katherine
Pennine-Paul
YahudaMoon

AndrewBr; I'm in all of the above ........

Please let me know if you don't have my mobile number and think you'll need it.
The weather forecast doesn't look great but, hopefully, it'll improve*. Still, be prepared.
We need to leave at 09.30 so be ready to ride then.

Bring lights; you'll need them for the return.
Make sure that they work.

A further edit: the forecast is looking better and better but, because of numbers, some of us might have to find an alternative to the Chocolate Cafe.
I'll give priority to 1st timers.

Last edited:
Alternative to the chocolate cafe,nearest pub! Grants Arms I think :cheers:

OP
OP
Andrew Br

Andrew Br

Still part of the team !
Alternative to the chocolate cafe,nearest pub! Grants Arms I think :cheers:

I was thinking about here for the spill-over:- http://www.theloungeramsbottom.co.uk/

No experience of it but the menu and the reviews seem OK to me and only a few of us will be going there.
That's if we can't bully our way into the Chocolate Cafe :whistle:.
I have a plan to send the faster riders ahead to get in there and the rest of us can arrive a bit later.

Save the beer for the station at Rawtenstall would be my advice and, even then, consider that we'll be riding from Bury back to MCR and along Deansgate for those returning to CCH.

Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Formerly just_fixed
Hi all,

I've picked up a virus, I won't know until the morning if it's going to be on my chest. Even if it doesn't I'll take it easy. I'll set of from home near Rawtenstall and ride down the NCN 6 until I meet up with you guys and the. Ride back up to grotty rotty. @Pennine-Paul knows me if I accidentally,ride past you,all.

Andrew I've your number as well thanks.

Hopefully see you all tomorrow in glorious sunshine.

OP
OP
Andrew Br

Andrew Br

Still part of the team !
Hi all,

I've picked up a virus, I won't know until the morning if it's going to be on my chest. Even if it doesn't I'll take it easy. I'll set of from home near Rawtenstall and ride down the NCN 6 until I meet up with you guys and the. Ride back up to grotty rotty. @Pennine-Paul knows me if I accidentally,ride past you,all.

Andrew I've your number as well thanks.

Hopefully see you all tomorrow in glorious sunshine.

Hope to see you en-route; what will you be riding ?
And yes, the sun will be shining :whistle:.

Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Formerly just_fixed
I feel rough but not really rough so I'm planning on meeting you guys around Bury. What time do you reckon you'll get to the bit near Bury cop shop?

Top Bottom